• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Patriots-Donate

comp45acp

imported post

Gentlemen and Ladies, it is time to come to the aid of Mr. Brad Krause. All the bantering back and forth on this wonderful forum is great. It is fun, sometimes informative and always interesting. That said, assisting Brad with his legal expenses must become the focus of our efforts right now. This case may go all the way to the Wisconsin Supreme Court and that is going to take some serious dollars. To that end Wisconsin Patriots has installed a DONATE button on our website http://www.wisconsinpatriots.com/ Click on the HELP button to get an explanation and then go to the DONATE button to give as much as you are able. Every single cent collected will go directly to Brad for his defense. For those who don't know Brad personally, let me assure you he is great person of sound character.

Brad did not set out to be our champion on this cause. But through sheer luck of the draw he has become our champion and now it is our turn to step up to the plate and help him out.

While you are visiting our website please take the survey, check out the videos and read selected items from the DUF report section which is updated regularly.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Post a direct link to Mr. Krause or his attorneys please.

I will not risk a good idea, my time and my money being AGAIN hijacked by Fagin, No 1, ccwtrainer.

ETA:
If someone disagreed with your local newspaper reporter about an article or story they published and then complained to the police who came into reporters office and arrested them for disorderly conduct, would that use of police power be socially acceptable? What if a voter was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct just for waiting in line to vote, or a worshipper was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct just for attempting to enter their place of worship. What if the police arrested you for disorderly conduct while you were exercising any constitutionally protected right because someone simply did not want you to exercise your rights? Would you just accept the loss of your rights? Do you understand how fragile it is to exercise your rights if someone else disapproves? Once arrested, do you think your employer or all your friends and neighbors would understand your innocence or would some of them want to maintain more distance with you? Unfortunately, being arrested is the same thing as being found guilty to many people in the court of public opinion. The Wisconsin Supreme Court has said an otherwise reasonable exercise of police power cannot be invoked in a way that "eviscerates," "destroys," "frustrates," or "nullifies" the constitutional right to bear arms. In Wisconsin, constitutional rights do not expand the police power; they restrict the police power. See Buse v. Smith, 74 Wis. 2d 550, 564, 247 N.W.2d 141 (1976); see also Robert Dowlut & Janet A. Knoop, State Constitutions and The Right to Keep and Bear Arms, 7 Okla. City U. L. Rev 177, 185 (1982) (describing the general application of this principle). So, according to the law we don't expect the police to arrest innocent people just for exercising a constitutionally protected right. That would be outrageous. But they do. Perhaps the courts will force the police all over Wisconsin to finally respect your civil rights, all of them. On August 22, Brad Krause was planting trees in his yard, at least until police stormed his residence and arrested him. It turns out they received a call from a man who said he didn't appreciate that Brad carried a gun, and wanted something done about it. The West Allis police department sent two squads to investigate, and found Brad in his yard, minding his own business planting trees. From behind him, police rushed him, yelling, "Don't move!" while bearing down on him with their weapons drawn. They shortly discovered Brad had no criminal record and was lawfully openly carrying on his own property, but instead of releasing him and returning his weapon, they tried to figure out how to arrest him. A call to the supervising lieutenant provided the answer: claim his action of carrying a weapon is disorderly conduct, and haul him down to the station. His firearm was taken away from him without a receipt, and it has not been returned. The police have effectively banned his exercise of his right by disarming him. The fact is that Wis. Stat. 941.23 does not ban or prohibit the lawful carrying of firearms by citizens. By enacting the law, the legislature intended to force citizens to openly carry their firearms while in public, which is what Mr. Krause was lawfully doing (additionally, he was on his own property). Mr. Krause is self employed as a property manager and this action by the City of West Allis has cost him long term business relationships. The police had him standing in handcuffs on his own property for 45 minutes with squad cars parked in front of his residence while they tried to figure out a way to arrest him. Fortunately, Mr. Krause had taken a friends advice and he had a voice recorder with him and the entire incident was recorded and it has been transcribed. Civil rights are very important - every one of them - which is why they are specifically protected from governmental infringements just like this. This is such an important civil rights case because it affects your rights and the rights of all Wisconsin citizens, even those who do not personally choose to exercise their right to bear arms. I am asking for your generous financial help to fight this unconstitutional use of police power. It will require a lot of money if this case is appealed to the Wisconsin Supreme Court. Every cent you send is appreciated and every dollar received will go to defray legal expenses (this is not a tax deductible contribution). You can donate through PayPal using the "donate" button or if you prefer, a check can be sent payable to Gene German, % Wisconsin Patriots, P. O. Box 202, Excelsior, MN 55331. Please ask your friends to visit this website and consider making a donation. Everyone has a vested interest in the outcome.
The Donate 'button' does not function at this writing.

smithman

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Post a direct link to Mr. Krause or his attorneys please.

I will not risk a good idea, my time and my money being AGAIN hijacked by Fagin, No 1, ccwtrainer.
Doug, the patriots aren't some big budget organization who has all the accounting tricks and accounting programs of other gun organizations, in fact the organization has only pennies at this point.

LOOK at what's been done with those pennies. The word is getting around. One county even passed the resolution, and other DAs have come out saying they would not charge DC for OC. Ultimately we thought this would end up in the court system anyway...well here is our chance. Let's not screw it up by allowing Brad to go bankrupt for our rights. If we care enough about our rights its time to stop leaving our guns at home and tell LEOs that OC is legal by this case.

I have personally sent money to support Brad financially.

Ultimately, the case WILL go to a higher court.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
imported post

I believe that Brad deserves support, but I want to be sure it goes to the right place. There should also be an accounting, at least so that one can be assured that the money was recieved. Perhaps even a list of donations by screen name?

comp45acp

imported post

I donated this morning Doug with the "donate" button-it worked just fine. I just checked it again, it is still working.

Smithman is correct. The Wisconsin Patriots operate on pennies that are donated by the leadership team themselves and a couple of donations from people who care about their liberties.

As to ccwtrainer (Gene German)-I have known the man for a number of years now. He is as honest a man as you will find anywhere Doug and I, as his friend, resent your snide comments about him. Unlike you endlessly pounding out drivel on your keyboard-Gene is a man of ACTION. He has driven down here many times to attend Wisconsin Patriots events. He has donated a lot of his time and money to restoring Liberty to Wisconsin citizens. He has been a frequent guest on Vicki McKenna's radio shows.

Just keep pounding on that keyboard Doug and let us all know when it accomplishes anything.

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It took a while to get a hold of Brad after the holidays, but we did talk
for quite a long time. He was clear this is not about money, guns, or
politics. He didn't even carry when off of his property to avoid a
situation like this. Which of you really thought being armed in your own
yard would cause you to be arrested and charged?

He has a great case. He has no criminal record and wasn't concealing.
There's no question about trespassing or being asked to leave. The police
testified the only thing he did wrong was open carry. He has an excellent
chance of winning if he can afford to take it that far. The only problem is
he's not rich.

Everybody wants a perfect case that can go before the Supreme Court and
confirm our rights, but nobody has the money to do it. Good attorneys don't
work for free when they can easily make over $200 an hour. A Supreme Court
case starts at $50,000. Heller's case cost $1.2 million, and he's still in
court.

Brad confirmed his financial situation is "folding like a house of cards"
and Gene German and the Wisconsin Patriots have helped out with part of the
growing defense costs. I can tell you this is a financial drain on Brad and his family. I don't think any of us can afford to win on our own and we'd hope everyone would
support us. I can tell you it's better to pay for someone else's defense
than your own.

After talking about OpenCarry.org for about an hour and a half Brad gave
his consent for collection of donations, but asked they go through the
Wisconsin Patriots so there is accountability for the funds (his pride wont
allow him to ask for a handout I think, the way he said it was, "If people
want to help and they think this...my case will help them out in the
future, then donations would be welcome. The last thing I want is for
someone else to have to go through this.") I understand this sentiment, and share it with him.

A couple people donated up front (one bailed him out of jail after the
police arrested him without a wallet and said that was his problem) so Brad
could fight this (not to mention get back home). A couple more helped with
part of the initial attorney expenses. Lets donate what we can and help
take some of this legal burden off his shoulders. A relatively small
contribution of even $100 or $200 may save you from real legal expenses
later if Brad prevails. Everyone wants this case to go the distance, but it
won't happen without you.

You can write a check to Gene (or Brad) to the address belowor click on the PayPal button at http://www.wisconsinpatriots.com/ I believe Brad has an excellent case, he is well prepared and he deserves our support. If Brad wins,we win.

Gene German
P O Box 202
Excelsior, MN
55331-0202

Jesus C Gonzalez aka Parabellum

PS Remember the continuance is on February 17th about three weeks away. We have enough advance warning this time that we should be able to show up in great numbers. I already have the day off work to be there in support of Brad and the cause.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Where the hell is the NRA? It seem that every time I open my mailbox the NRA is asking for money to support it's cause of protecting the gun rights of individuals. It's time we Wisconsin NRA members demand a little "bang for our bucks", pardon the pun.

smithman

imported post

Lammie wrote:
Where the hell is the NRA? It seem that every time I open my mailbox the NRA is asking for money to support it's cause of protecting the gun rights of individuals. It's time we Wisconsin NRA members demand a little "bang for our bucks", pardon the pun.
Everybody who gives extra money to the NRA when they ask and is reading this...the "bang for the buck" (pun intended) will not be with the NRA who has left us high and dry with OC but with supporting Brad's case. I have already personally donated to Brad a decent chunk of change. It's time to donate any extra money you would give to the NRA and send it for Brad's case. It's time to donate a few weeks worth of bar money to assist with Brad's situation.

There's a reason why these cases don't come up often because NOBODY seems to want to pony the bucks to fight them. We as rights-loving citizens have a duty to fight for the rights we care about. Unfortunately our government could give two $hits about many of our rights and especially our right to keep and bear arms. We cannot put a price on our rights since if they are gone then we are in real trouble.

Thomas Jefferson:
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

When Brad wins WE ALL WIN. This is the best case of winning I have seen in a long time....his OWN property....no criminal record....minding his own business....the neighbor who called the police testified that he was not aware of anybody else who was disturbed....

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Lammie wrote:

It should be noted:

The NRA has done NOTHING!

The local republican parties have done NOTHING!

The wisconsingunowners.org has done NOTHING!

The Wisconsin AG has done NOTHING!

Do you all see the patter here?

Not saying I 100% agree with Doug's implication, but he does have a valid point, the existing organizations that claim to support our rights are no where to be seen.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Lammie wrote:

It should be noted:

The NRA has done NOTHING!

The local republican parties have done NOTHING!

The wisconsingunowners.org has done NOTHING!

The Wisconsin AG has done NOTHING!

Do you all see the patter here?

Not saying I 100% agree with Doug's implication, but he does have a valid point, the existing organizations that claim to support our rights are no where to be seen.
Don't forget the Wisconsin Concealed Carry Association and Dick 'monkeyleg' Baker.

Don't forget the Wisconsin Pro-gun Movement and Jim Fendry.

That said, these parties have 'done' something, lots of your money has filtered thru their hands. How much stuck and how much was accomplished?

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Can we please keep the focus on Brad and the help he needs instead of the assumptions that none of these organizations are helping us. Thinking like that is not productive. Think instead that the WI Patriots are helping right now. And they need contributions so that they can help Brad pay for his defense. That should be our focus.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

I'll be glad to send money to Mr. Krause or his attorney.

I will not risk my money being 'hijacked' as the county petitions were by another would be fagin-leader and his artful dogers. Trust and verify = FAIL

If you want the 'point' to be Mr. Krause then why is the thread titled something else, a low traffic low participation website?

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I did not make the thread Doug, please stop getting off topic. WI Patriots are collecting funds for Brad. I posted this same message in the West Allis Court Case Thread.

borrowed time

imported post

Parabellum wrote:
Can we please keep the focus on Brad and the help he needs instead of the assumptions that none of these organizations are helping us. Thinking like that is not productive. Think instead that the WI Patriots are helping right now. And they need contributions so that they can help Brad pay for his defense. That should be our focus.
Right on, this cause is well worth the small risk involved with any amount of a donation we can muster. These days "what is right" is not achieved by petty bickering full of eloquent phrases. It comes with many pieces of paper with a picture of George Washington on it. My check is in the mail Monday.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Ok how about this??

Since the right to keep and bear arms is in our bill of rights right along with freedom of speech and religious persecution. Why isn't the ACLU all over this?

(You know as well as I do whay they are not involved) but maybe that point should be brought up in some news articles?

I donated what I could afford, and this time of year i was not able to afford all that much.

comp45acp

imported post

ccwinstructor wrote:
I believe that Brad deserves support, but I want to be sure it goes to the right place.  There should also be an accounting, at least so that one can be assured that the money was recieved.  Perhaps even a list of donations by screen name?

I kind of like the idea of list of donors by screen name. It would provide an accounting and at the same time sort of separate the doers from the noise makers.