• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bar and Grill

carryall

imported post

If I have a friend that owns and operates a Bar and Grill in SC, and he gives me permission to be in his establishment while carry concealed, am I still breaking SC law:question:

Thanks,

Carry All

Hef

imported post

Smurfologist wrote:
Hef wrote:
16-23-465

Does this only pertain to a bar or ALL Alcoholic Establishments (serving or selling)? What about 23-31-220/235? Does 16-23-465 "out trump" them?

2nd Amendment.......Use it.......Or, lose it!!:X
Only law enforcement officers acting in an official capacity may carry a firearm into any establishment licensed to sell alcohol for on-premise consumption. SC law does differentiate between restaurants and bars/nightclubs.

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

Hef wrote:
Smurfologist wrote:
Hef wrote:
16-23-465

Does this only pertain to a bar or ALL Alcoholic Establishments (serving or selling)? What about 23-31-220/235? Does 16-23-465 "out trump" them?

Only law enforcement officers acting in an official capacity may carry a firearm into any establishment licensed to sell alcohol for on-premise consumption. SC law does differentiate between restaurants and bars/nightclubs.
Clear as a bell. Thanks!!

2nd Amendment........Use it..........Or, lose it!!:X

PT111

imported post

Hef wrote:
Smurfologist wrote:
Hef wrote:
16-23-465

Shouldn't that be does NOT differentiate

Hef

imported post

PT111 wrote:
Hef wrote:
Smurfologist wrote:
Hef wrote:
16-23-465

Shouldn't that be does NOT differentiate

You are correct. Sorry for the typo.