• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Discount Gun Sales Store in Kirkland

jddssc121

imported post

So i am in there checking out pricing on a Kimber I've been wanting. A guy walks in and stands next to me at the counter. From his questions, it was obvious he's very new to guns and carrying, and is trying to gather info. Trying not to be a subjective jerk here, but the guy behind the counter was a real tool. Had really poor knowledge of firearms, and had some really dumb opinions on most questions he asked. The final question though made me almost fall over. The customer asked how to get a CPL. The store employee asked him why he wanted one. The guy responded he wanted to carry one in his car for protection. The guys answer was "Just keep it loaded in your trunk. That's what i do. I call it a *trunk gun*" That way i roll with my piece, but i don't have the hassle of a CPL.":what:

At that point i couldn't take it. I turned to the guy and told him. "1, he is wrong, if it is loaded anywhere in your car, and you don't have a CPL, you're in trouble. 2 - getting a CPL is no hassle at all, and takes a grand total of about 15 min. The only way someone would have trouble is if they had a disqualifying crime on their record." (i stopped to look at the store employee for dramatic effect:dude:). I also advised him to go take a class and fire some different rounds to get a feel for what he wanted before buying anything as this was his first gun, and that he needed to find a caliber that worked for him before he even focused on models.

I then told the store employee he was giving out bad info to customers, and advised him he should think twice about his own trunk gun. I told him to go read RCW 9.41.050. He then KICKED ME OUT OF THE STORE.

Real piece of work. I obviously am not going back there.....

G27

imported post

I wish people would actually look into the law and not take other people's advise. It's way too unreliable. Good thing you set the record straight.

jddssc121

imported post

forgot one piece of info. I also told him that if he was in a dangerous situation, and he had time to pop his trunk and grab a firearm, he should have time to get in his car and drive away.

It would be a tough defense to say "i had no choice", but I had time to go to the trunk to retrieve it....:banghead:

Johnny Law

imported post

jddssc121 wrote:
forgot one piece of info. I also told him that if he was in a dangerous situation, and he had time to pop his trunk and grab a firearm, he should have time to get in his car and drive away.

It would be a tough defense to say "i had no choice", but I had time to go to the trunk to retrieve it....:banghead:
This is where the infamous trunk monkey comes in.

MetalChris

imported post

Derka wrote:
Ok, now I have to ask. Are Federal Way Discount Guns and Discount Gun Sales related?
They are related in that apparently they both prefer to hire complete and utter moronic fools to work at their stores. :banghead:

Tawnos

imported post

Hm, DGS has (had?) stripped AR15 lower receivers... was going to purchase there, should I skip?

triehl27

imported post

I have been happily banned from Discount Gun sales.

I went into the Kirkland store a couple a years ago and listened as the emplyee told a customer that with the .40 sig, it came with a .357 barrel in which you can shoot .357sig, .357 mag. 38 spec, and 9mm. All from the one extra barrel.

Guy asks is this what most police are carrying? Well No they usually have Glocks,

"Glocks are horriblly unsafe, no safety. And being plastic they can blow up right in your hand. And after a few year of use they frames crack and the plastic splinters can cripple you." That is what the employee said. Myself I love Glocks and am and armorer and carry them on duty and have for many years now. I have never experienced a problem with a Glock unless it was modified.

Yeah so when I finally had enough I made some corrections including, if you don't wanna get soaked on that sig, you may wanna look at another store.

At which point I was directed to leave.

I later emailed the manager and got a absolutely NASTY reply full a the F word and a direct statement to never come to any of their stores again.

Like I said, I HAPPILY won't

PolskiG

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
Hm, DGS has (had?) stripped AR15 lower receivers... was going to purchase there, should I skip?
Go to Westcoast Armory in Issaquah, they have stripped lowers for 199.99. DGS is a joke, they "lost" my friends Sig once during warrenty issuesand give him a lower priced replacement. Stupid thing was he took it and didn't say anything!! We are no longer friends..... DGS has been on my DNP list for a while now.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

PolskiG wrote:
Tawnos wrote:
Go to Westcoast Armory in Issaquah, they have stripped lowers for 199.99. DGS is a joke, they "lost" my friends Sig once during warrenty issuesand give him a lower priced replacement. Stupid thing was he took it and didn't say anything!! We are no longer friends..... DGS has been on my DNP list for a while now.
I'll reply to +1 this. I like what I've seen from Westcoast Armory so far. Except for the fact that they dissed my Kahr's :X.

I purchased a rifle from them for 400 to 600 less than what everyone else in the area was asking at the time (and it was their display price). They were also limiting pmag sales to 2 per customer, so that they could maintain the $18 (I think) dollar price point.

They did over charge me by about $100 for a set of troy BUIS; $260 shipped from Troy, and Westcoast charged me over $350.

bordsnbikes

imported post

I would venture to say any gun store employee saying "roll with my piece" is not the one to take advice from.

triehl27 wrote:
Glocks are horriblly unsafe, no safety.  And being plastic they can blow up right in your hand.  And after a few year of use they frames crack and the plastic splinters can cripple you.

Is that what the store employee said? Or is that what you are saying?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

bordsnbikes wrote:
I would venture to say any gun store employee saying "roll with my piece" is not the one to take advice from.

triehl27 wrote:
Glocks are horriblly unsafe, no safety. And being plastic they can blow up right in your hand. And after a few year of use they frames crack and the plastic splinters can cripple you.

Is that what the store employee said? Or is that what you are saying?
I am interested in this too, I have a glock19 , and didn't think I'd like it but it has become, my favorite.

jddssc121

imported post

PolskiG wrote:
Tawnos wrote:
Go to Westcoast Armory in Issaquah, they have stripped lowers for 199.99. DGS is a joke, they "lost" my friends Sig once during warrenty issues and give him a lower priced replacement. Stupid thing was he took it and didn't say anything!! We are no longer friends..... DGS has been on my DNP list for a while now.

Westcoat is a good place.

Morris

North of Seattlle, South of Canada, Washington, US
imported post

DGS has several locations, including one on Lake City where they have to buzz you through the man trap front door and a shop and range in south Mill Creek.

I will attest that the business name is what it is but the firearms are not discounted. And yes, I do not shop there anymore nor do I give patronage.

There are better places to buy your gun from. For the OP, thanks for stepping up and providing better information.

sirpuma

imported post

Glocks are inherently unsafe as they only have one direct safety, the one on the trigger. A Glock is not for someone who doesn't know proper gun safety. Also they won't detonate on you because they're plastic. However, the use of a solvent, like Hoppes 9, on the plastic areas can deteriorate the plastic over time. It's best to use Simple Green and Break Free CLP for cleaning.