Thread: Edifyguy?

Post imported post

Anyone know who this guy is. I just got a random PM that looked like this;

It sounds like it's time to start rallying and lobbying for our rights to "not be infringed" in Lansing. Rally/lobby every few days/weeks while the legislature is in session, and then meet somewhere for dinner afterward. How would one go about organizing something like that in a forum like this?

I suggest the following agendas:

REPEAL of the law prohibiting the transportation of loaded firearms, provided they are in plain sight

REPEAL of the ban on private sale of hanguns

REPEAL of the requirement to get pistol purchase permits

REPEAL most (if not all) of the silly pistol-free zones (easy crime areas, more like)

Eventually, I'd like to see our gun laws resemble Alaska and Vermont, where gun ownership and carry (even concealed) are recognized as a right, not a privilege, and there are almost no regulations at the state level. But that's a "long shot...."

Any ideas? Should I have started this as a forum instead of a PM?
    Anyone else recieve this PM?
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Post imported post

Sure. He's a member of our state threads. He must have mistaken your userid for someone in Michigan.

He has planned a rally as a welcometo our legislature on their first day back on the payroll.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Hcidem wrote:
    Sure. He's a member of our state threads. He must have mistaken your userid for someone in Michigan.

He has planned a rally as a welcometo our legislature on their first day back on the payroll.
    Tucker was in Michigan and recently moved to Iowa. So he is on the Michigan members page as well as the Iowa page.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

He's just a crazy guy with some great idea's.

Post imported post

Thanks guys. I havent been on in a while so I wasnt sure of the validity of his statements.

I was in Michigan over the holidays and did alot of OC while I was there. I even talked my brother into OC'ing with me.He said he probably wouldnt do it without me, for the sole reason that he wasnt as up to speed as I am on the situation, but it opened his eyes quite a bit. I OC'd at Meijer in Mason(About 2 hours), Best Buy Okemos( 1 hour), Meridian Mall (1/2 hour, Although I was questioned by the Mall Security as to the legality of it on my way out the door), while taking my son to deliver his Christmas letter to the Santa Mailbox in Mason, which drew some looks from other people doing the same.

Im working on my Iowa License now. I hope one day to see Iowa go Shall Issue, but from the sounds of it from the Iowa members and Iowacarry.org, that will take some time. Its good to see you guys still hard at it. And every time I come back home Ill do what I can to help out.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Post imported post

Tucker6900 wrote:
    Im working on my Iowa License now. I hope one day to see Iowa go Shall Issue, but from the sounds of it from the Iowa members and Iowacarry.org, that will take some time.
    I don't know where you're at or how difficult of a time you are having with getting your Iowa permit, but this reminds me that Skip Coryell specifically researched which county to live in when he moved to Iowa. Iowa is "may issue" (as you know)and it seems that some counties are more liberal than others in issuing. Below is a link to a useful map for anyone relocating within or to Iowa who wants to be mindful of obtaining a CC permit.

Do you happen to live in a more liberal county (i.e., closer to "shall issue")?

http://www.iowacarry.org/counties%20map.html
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

He is in Washington County which is listed as "all but impossible"
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.