• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Edifyguy?

Tucker6900

imported post

Anyone know who this guy is. I just got a random PM that looked like this;

It sounds like it's time to start rallying and lobbying for our rights to "not be infringed" in Lansing. Rally/lobby every few days/weeks while the legislature is in session, and then meet somewhere for dinner afterward. How would one go about organizing something like that in a forum like this?

I suggest the following agendas:

REPEAL of the law prohibiting the transportation of loaded firearms, provided they are in plain sight

REPEAL of the ban on private sale of hanguns

REPEAL of the requirement to get pistol purchase permits

REPEAL most (if not all) of the silly pistol-free zones (easy crime areas, more like)

Eventually, I'd like to see our gun laws resemble Alaska and Vermont, where gun ownership and carry (even concealed) are recognized as a right, not a privilege, and there are almost no regulations at the state level. But that's a "long shot...." :D

Any ideas? Should I have started this as a forum instead of a PM? :D

Anyone else recieve this PM?

Hcidem

imported post

Sure. He's a member of our state threads. He must have mistaken your userid for someone in Michigan.

He has planned a rally as a welcometo our legislature on their first day back on the payroll.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Hcidem wrote:
Sure. He's a member of our state threads. He must have mistaken your userid for someone in Michigan.

He has planned a rally as a welcometo our legislature on their first day back on the payroll.
Tucker was in Michigan and recently moved to Iowa. So he is on the Michigan members page as well as the Iowa page.

Tucker6900

imported post

Thanks guys. I havent been on in a while so I wasnt sure of the validity of his statements.

I was in Michigan over the holidays and did alot of OC while I was there. I even talked my brother into OC'ing with me.He said he probably wouldnt do it without me, for the sole reason that he wasnt as up to speed as I am on the situation, but it opened his eyes quite a bit. I OC'd at Meijer in Mason(About 2 hours), Best Buy Okemos( 1 hour), Meridian Mall (1/2 hour, Although I was questioned by the Mall Security as to the legality of it on my way out the door), while taking my son to deliver his Christmas letter to the Santa Mailbox in Mason, which drew some looks from other people doing the same.

Im working on my Iowa License now. I hope one day to see Iowa go Shall Issue, but from the sounds of it from the Iowa members and Iowacarry.org, that will take some time. Its good to see you guys still hard at it. And every time I come back home Ill do what I can to help out.

DanM

imported post

Tucker6900 wrote:
Im working on my Iowa License now. I hope one day to see Iowa go Shall Issue, but from the sounds of it from the Iowa members and Iowacarry.org, that will take some time.
I don't know where you're at or how difficult of a time you are having with getting your Iowa permit, but this reminds me that Skip Coryell specifically researched which county to live in when he moved to Iowa. Iowa is "may issue" (as you know)and it seems that some counties are more liberal than others in issuing. Below is a link to a useful map for anyone relocating within or to Iowa who wants to be mindful of obtaining a CC permit.

Do you happen to live in a more liberal county (i.e., closer to "shall issue")?

http://www.iowacarry.org/counties%20map.html