• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting Michigan Wild hogs

taxwhat

imported post

Mikecatt13 wrote:
The doing damage or about to do damage most commonly refers to coyotes, foxes, feal hogs, etc. Either way back on topic with the original subject...if you know you have hogs on your property buy a cheap license of some sort and shoot them because unless you jump them while walking around and looking for them you will not have the opportinty to shoot one in self defense, they are much more skittish than youd think. Besides, i would think if you shoot an animal about to do damage or in self defense it will likely be like a road kill situation where you will either have to acquire a permit to keep the animal or turn it in to the DNR all together (technically at least)
Please let me make this clear !!!Under the Law I have the RIGHT to protect my life [ from robbery ,rape,etc] and that is from other humans ! FACT ! NOW on to Land [ owned ,rented ,leased ,etc] I [ you ,we ,us] Do NOT NEED a Permit to Kill [Wild Pig , pack dogs ,deer, etc] if doing damage to [ home , crops ,fruit etc]You are reasonable for your projectile at all times ! IS NO HUNTING LAW for WILD PIG .At This TIME .

taxwhat

imported post

Leader wrote:
Feral pigs can be taken with any license at anytime that is legal.

Here is a link to 39 pages of info & siteing reports. Kristy is a DNR officer and she will answer any of your questions.

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194817
Please Get a grip on this ! Hunting Is HUNTING ,But No LAW at this time exists For Wild Pig [hog ] period !!If one wishes to walk Anywhere [ Legal ] To be ,Then one May Defend oneself At ANY time . NO OPEN season on Wild Hog [ pig ], ITS not a Human Clear Now !?