• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC atwal mart

M

mdgary

imported post

Is OC at wal mart legal or is that considered a public gathering?

MSgt G

imported post

exgabrit wrote:
Wal mart offically allows for concealed carry, they are pro-gun. if open carrying, they may ask you to conceal or leave. thats about it.
Or they may not ask you anything. I carry open at many Wal-Marts and no one ever says anything.

LoneOak

imported post

Walmarts policy says that if you are legal to carry than you can carry in their store. They do prefer that you carry concealed and occasionally an employee that isn't aware of the policy will start a stink and cause all kinds of problems for someone who is open carrying.

I carry concealed under a t-shirt most of the time and have never had a problem at any walmart I have visited. I've been going a lot lately because one near me has 9mm Blazer Brass for $8.97 a box but they don't ever have very much and I have been trying to stock up.

I just reread the OP and wanted to make sure to clarify something.Walmart or the grocery store or the mall are not considered Public Gatherings unless there is an event going on such as a show or radio promotion in the parking lot. It also makes no difference whether you OC or CC if you are at a Public Gathering, either way you would be breaking the law. The Public Gathering law in Ga is very confusing and many LEO don't understand it so how is the public supposed to understand it. This is one of the many laws that GeorgiaCarry.org is campaigning to have repealed during this years legislative session .

Lonely without GPDO

LoneOak

rmodel65

imported post

I open carry at all walmarts Ive been in. the only one that has asked me to conceal was statesboro. they just said they like it better and they understood it was my right to carry:dude:

Heck ive even OC into Kmart(kingsland) and IIRC they are supposedly antigun along with their parent store sears