• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good & close to Seattle or Orcas Island Dealer

Subdiver

imported post

I'm searching for a local Dealer who isn't a dick (Butch's) or retarded (Discount). Either near Seattle or Orcas Island area. I have a nasty habit of finding toys I want while I'm out to sea, and am looking for someone I can trust to send them to. Can anybody help me out?

Scott

sirpuma

imported post

I'm in W. Seattle, for the time being. I'll be moving somewhere in Kitsap Co in a couple months. I have a class 07 FFL and will do transfers for only $15. My business, Celtic Armory, is primarily as a gunsmith and I work out of my basement. I'm "open for business" Monday-Friday but can squeeze in a Saturday now and then. I have to do things by appointment only.

PM me if you need help with anything.

jchen012

imported post

If you are just looking for a FFL to transfer a pistol to, I suggest using a pawn shop. I have used a place called "American Pawn" in Georgetown. They used to charge $15 about 2 years ago, not sure about the price now since I have moved to the Eastside.

Helter

imported post

Seconding the pawnshop suggestion. I recently purchased a Sig P228 and had it transferred through through Capitol Loans on Capitol Hill for $25 (long guns are only $20, I believe) with no issues. I'd give them a call and find out if they're willing to hold on to stuff for a while while you're out of town.

You can also look around on your own for a closer FFL, Gunbroker maintains a nice list:
http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp

thewise1

imported post

Morris wrote:
Kesselrings, near Burlington.
Sam's, south Everett/Paine Field
Adventure Sports, Lynnwood

A few to start with.
I did not enjoy shopping at Sam's, unfortunately. The individuals there seem to be curt, not quite rude but almost so, and quite frankly even as a gun enthusiast, I felt really intimidated even trying to ask simple questions. The guy who runs the range is even worse, too.

I bought my AR15 there, though. Not a lot of choices over on this side of the state, it seems. When I was in Spokane I had a much more enjoyable time at the various places I went - Sportsman's Warehouse, Sharpshooters, and several other smaller stores that I can't recall their name. Folks there were just more friendly, willing to answer questions, etc.

I'll check out kesselrings and adventure sports. I'm in the market for a 1911 or an XD (depending on the pricing, my budget is not much).

Subdiver

imported post

Thanks, SirPuma, I've also been looking for a good gunsmith. I've become an antique firearms collector after inheriting my Grandfather's Colt 1903 (made in 1913) and Winchester .30-.30 (1921) and I want to get them gone through professionally. I'll be looking you up when I get home.

uncoolperson

imported post

if you don't mind the drive I use miracle pawn in bellingham, nice people... not a gun shop so they don't have as extensive of a background, but I think they were the cheapest I found from gunsamerica ($20, kesselrings says 50 on gunsamerica).

http://www.gunsamerica.com/FFLSearch.htm

last year I called them up and asked them to hold a gun for me... held it for a week based on a phone call. in my experience not many pawn shops would do that.