• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to OC and loving it

TriCityOC

imported post

ghosthunter wrote:
Costco seems to want it both ways. I have never seen a posting at their stores about firearms. But if you OC and they contact you they fall back on the written policy. It is like they want to deal with us one at a time quietly but do not advertise their anti gun stance to the rest of their customers.

So how do we get some publicity on the Costco issue? I love Costco, but now that I know this I'm thinking that I need to cancel my membership or try and get them to change their policy. I'm not one for picket signs...so what are our other options. All we need is publicity and it will start to hurt them in their wallets.

kwiebe

imported post

What's interesting to me, besides merely the fact that private companies come down on either side of the "firearms-in-my store" issue, is the reasons they give. I mean, the Barnes & Noble example blew me away. They actually came out and said, basically, that in coming up with their policy, they looked to the law. Costco, on the other hand, flies in the face of it and perversely (and paradoxically, I might add) tries to hide behind "safety" as a reason for prohibiting firearms.

Very telling.