Thread: New BART Shooting Video

Post imported post

Posting a new topic because I can't find the old one....

It's on a Blog page, but at least you won't have to download an flv file and find a player program to play it.

http://carlosmiller.com/2009/01/09/n...far-and-audio/

Post your analysis.

Banned

Post imported post

our job is tough and thankless. stop inciting violence by posting this video.

without me you wouldn't be safe. we've kept this guy safe all but one of the days he lived. pretty good percentage if you ask me.

thank me

Post imported post

PaulBlart wrote:
    stop inciting violence by posting this video.
    And where exactly did I "Incite Violence"?

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Trolls use big threatening words like 'hate' and 'violence' to get attention. the only way to kill a troll is to starve it of the attention it craves. Luser 22582 is a B-troll, as in blart, biggles and john-b. Starve it.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Some clarity please. If these are transit authority police, does that mean they have any sort of jurisdiction outside of the transit system? Which leads to my next question. Are they trained as police officers or more along the lines of rent-a-cops? And lastly, if not, why are they armed?

Forgive my ignorance in this area, but I do not take public transportation and am totally unfamiliar with transit system authority and policing.

Lastly, I would not want to be that "cop".

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    Some clarity please. If these are transit authority police, does that mean they have any sort of jurisdiction outside of the transit system? Which leads to my next question. Are they trained as police officers or more along the lines of rent-a-cops? And lastly, if not, why are they armed?
    Regular Cops, just with a exclusive jurisdiction.

Post imported post

PaulBlart wrote:

without me you wouldn't be safe. we've kept this guy safe all but one of the days he lived. pretty good percentage if you ask me.

thank me
    Sir, you sound like an idiot and ahero wannabe.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

rodbender wrote:
    PaulBlart wrote:

thank me
    Sir, you sound like an idiot and ahero wannabe.
    Please see Dougs post above
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

PaulBlart wrote:

thank me
    Johnny Bliss Biggles Blart B! You're back already! Time to get kicked again!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

PaulBlart wrote:

thank me
    Uh, guys, am I the only one that saw this as sarcasm, or does this guy have a history?

ETA: after watching the video, I am pretty convinced that officer needs to be publicly flogged, then hanged. Just sayin'...

Post imported post

The four basic rules of firearm safety:

1: All firearms are always loaded
    2: Never cover anything with the muzzle that you don't intend to destroy
    3: Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire
    4: Know your target and what is beyond

When one considers that this officer must surely have received training in firearms safety, one must conclude that there can be no unintentionality in the officer's actions.

Rules 2 and 3 demonstrate that the officer had intent to shoot this person (covering him with his muzzle and placing his finger in the trigger).

Whether he then "intended" to press the trigger is irrelevant because he has already demonstrated intent and means to shoot the person.

And the whole tazer excuse is hogwash. I hope none of us here who actually carry a gun would fall for such rubbish. The odds of a properly equipped and even rudimentarily trained officer making such a mistake are miniscule enough to be discounted in favor of more likely alternatives.

Occam's razor suggests that claiming "I meant to go for the tazer!" is more likely a premeditated excuse than a truthful justification. And even more likely still an excuse come up with afterwards. The reason I suggest premeditated is the bad acting on the officer's face as he pretends to look "surprised".

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

PavePusher wrote:
    PaulBlart wrote:

thank me

Uh, guys, am I the only one that saw this as sarcasm, or does this guy have a history?
    SNIP...
    It is sarcastic considering the source and yes he has a history. He has been banned two times that I am aware of.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

PaulBlart wrote:
    Even though you are likely the worthless troll johnnyb, even a troll can make me chuckle once in a while. Not a good percentage, though.

Even funnier are the people who took you seriously.

Banned

Post imported post

PaulBlart wrote:

thank me

I'm beginning to think this actually isn't Johnny. There isn't a major grammatical/spelling error every other line and he's actually pretty damn funny. Johnny doesn't have the wit to pull of that kind of sarcasm and come up with those lines.

I also lol'd at Doug's usual, non-sensical wannabe-philosophical rambling. B's have nothing to do with it. His last name is Bliss, hence Johnnyb. You must have missed his other name, jopen_carry, don't see a B in there. Paul Bart is a movie character, not hidden B obsession psychology manifesting itself. Put your mind to more productive and simple tasks, old man. Reminds me of Paladin that thinks I'm HankT because I have an HK logo as my avatar.