• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New BART Shooting Video

PaulBlart

Banned
imported post

our job is tough and thankless. stop inciting violence by posting this video.

without me you wouldn't be safe. we've kept this guy safe all but one of the days he lived. pretty good percentage if you ask me.

thank me

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Some clarity please. If these are transit authority police, does that mean they have any sort of jurisdiction outside of the transit system? Which leads to my next question. Are they trained as police officers or more along the lines of rent-a-cops? And lastly, if not, why are they armed?

Forgive my ignorance in this area, but I do not take public transportation and am totally unfamiliar with transit system authority and policing.

Lastly, I would not want to be that "cop".

Eagleeye

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Some clarity please. If these are transit authority police, does that mean they have any sort of jurisdiction outside of the transit system? Which leads to my next question. Are they trained as police officers or more along the lines of rent-a-cops? And lastly, if not, why are they armed?

Regular Cops, just with a exclusive jurisdiction.

rodbender

imported post

PaulBlart wrote:

without me you wouldn't be safe. we've kept this guy safe all but one of the days he lived. pretty good percentage if you ask me.

thank me
Sir, you sound like an idiot and ahero wannabe.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

rodbender wrote:
PaulBlart wrote:

thank me
Sir, you sound like an idiot and ahero wannabe.
Please see Dougs post above

ODA 226

imported post

PaulBlart wrote:

thank me
Johnny Bliss Biggles Blart B! You're back already! Time to get kicked again!

PavePusher

imported post

PaulBlart wrote:

thank me

Uh, guys, am I the only one that saw this as sarcasm, or does this guy have a history?

ETA: after watching the video, I am pretty convinced that officer needs to be publicly flogged, then hanged. Just sayin'...

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The four basic rules of firearm safety:

1: All firearms are always loaded
2: Never cover anything with the muzzle that you don't intend to destroy
3: Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire
4: Know your target and what is beyond

When one considers that this officer must surely have received training in firearms safety, one must conclude that there can be no unintentionality in the officer's actions.

Rules 2 and 3 demonstrate that the officer had intent to shoot this person (covering him with his muzzle and placing his finger in the trigger).

Whether he then "intended" to press the trigger is irrelevant because he has already demonstrated intent and means to shoot the person.

And the whole tazer excuse is hogwash. I hope none of us here who actually carry a gun would fall for such rubbish. The odds of a properly equipped and even rudimentarily trained officer making such a mistake are miniscule enough to be discounted in favor of more likely alternatives.

Occam's razor suggests that claiming "I meant to go for the tazer!" is more likely a premeditated excuse than a truthful justification. And even more likely still an excuse come up with afterwards. The reason I suggest premeditated is the bad acting on the officer's face as he pretends to look "surprised".

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

PavePusher wrote:
PaulBlart wrote:

thank me
Uh, guys, am I the only one that saw this as sarcasm, or does this guy have a history?
It is sarcastic considering the source and yes he has a history. He has been banned two times that I am aware of.

Tomahawk

imported post

PaulBlart wrote:

Even though you are likely the worthless troll johnnyb, even a troll can make me chuckle once in a while. Not a good percentage, though.

Even funnier are the people who took you seriously.

Sheriff

imported post

This isn't the first killing of an unarmed man Bart Police have been invoved in. Back in 1992 they shot and killed a 19-year-old who was trying to reach out and grab a cop's nightstick. The kid was shot in the back of the head. No charges were ever placed.

Google Jerrold Hall and BART and you can find many reports on the killing.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

PaulBlart wrote:

thank me

I'm beginning to think this actually isn't Johnny. There isn't a major grammatical/spelling error every other line and he's actually pretty damn funny. Johnny doesn't have the wit to pull of that kind of sarcasm and come up with those lines.

I also lol'd at Doug's usual, non-sensical wannabe-philosophical rambling. B's have nothing to do with it. His last name is Bliss, hence Johnnyb. You must have missed his other name, jopen_carry, don't see a B in there. Paul Bart is a movie character, not hidden B obsession psychology manifesting itself. Put your mind to more productive and simple tasks, old man. Reminds me of Paladin that thinks I'm HankT because I have an HK logo as my avatar.