• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at smokey bones?

usaf0906

imported post

myself and a fellow OC'er are planning on dining at the smokey bones on jefferson in newport news. can anyone confirm or deny that they are gun friendly? thanks in advance for your help.

nova

imported post

Smokey Bones used to be owned by the same company as Olive Garden and Red Lobster that was openly anti, but in 2007 they sold Smokey Bones to a different private company. I don't know what their policy is now.

nova

imported post

I haven't OC'd in the Woodbridge one but I like eating there.

usaf0906

imported post

thanks all for the input. will be rockin the glock and eatin some brisket :lol::celebrate

zoom6zoom

imported post

I OC'd at the Woodbridge location Friday evening. No problems.

I'm not so sure they are not still owned by Darden... my friend had a Red Lobster gift card, and was able to use it at Smokey Bones, it was listed as one of the places it was good at on the back of the card.

Bundabar

imported post

I've carried my Glock G22 to the Smokey Bones in Fredericksburg quite a few times without any problems.

Not the same location obviously but just my 2 cents.

darthmord

imported post

Also possible that while the corporate owners may be anti, the local facility owners / district managers are following the rule of "Let's concentrate on getting customers here rather than turning away business".

Bullbuster

imported post

I have OC'd to the SB in Va Beach next to Pembroke Mall on 3 occasions. I have never had any issues. A couple:what:and a couple comments (Pro) from the hostess staff. Have even spoken with the VBPD LEO that is assigned to the place. Even still no problems.