• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

People in/near Winchester..

phixion

imported post

Hey, I'm looking for a shooting partner or someone I can meet up at the range and shoot with. I really don't have anyone to go with at this point and wouldn't mind having someone to go with as well as train with.

Anyone?

nemo

imported post

phixion wrote:
Hey, I'm looking for a shooting partner or someone I can meet up at the range and shoot with. I really don't have anyone to go with at this point and wouldn't mind having someone to go with as well as train with.

Anyone?

I am game. Which range? By "train," do you just mean to punch holes into paper (that would be me), or do you have a specific program in mind? By "shoot," do you mean to limit it to short arms, or do you want to include long arms (I guess that this would be range dependent)? Do you have a time/date in mind? I have one of these high-tech flex schedules that gives me some Fridays off, which would be preferable, as my wife thinks that my weekends are hers to plan for.

Tac-Man

imported post

I live in Stephens City and would be down shooting anytime you want.I belong to a range in Frederick,MD and can get range time on weekends all the time.We could also go to 340defense in in Rippon WV. about a half hour outside Winchester.Let me know anytime.:D

nemo

imported post

Tac-Man wrote:
I live in Stephens City and would be down shooting anytime you want.I belong to a range in Frederick,MD and can get range time on weekends all the time.We could also go to 340defense in in Rippon WV. about a half hour outside Winchester.Let me know anytime.:D

Frederick is a bit of a drive, but Rippon is convenient. Where is 340 defense?That is a new one to me. Are there signs to it? I could meet you at the post office or some other place. Friday and Saturdayare supposed to be clear, though cold; any time in the early afternoon? I can bring coffee. But when my hands freeze (I have had frostbite), it's a day.

Tac-Man

imported post

Sorry I can't shoot this weekend I have to range officer on Sat and Sun.340 defense is located at 263 Berryvile Pike Rippon,WV 25441.The website iswww.340defense.com.Check the website before you go it is kind of priceie but they do have a year membership.Will post when I get a day to spend some rounds.

nemo

imported post

Tac-Man wrote:
Sorry I can't shoot this weekend I have to range officer on Sat and Sun.340 defense is located at 263 Berryvile Pike Rippon,WV 25441.The website ishttp://www.340defense.com.Check the website before you go it is kind of priceie but they do have a year membership.Will post when I get a day to spend some rounds.

That's OK; I was going to say, as I have no home computer, just at work, that if I did not hear from you today, that I would notsee any new messages until the next Monday.

Right on 340, I see. I will go look for them, this weekend. Yeah; they ARE pricy. I am retired mil; I guess that that just lets me in during the week. I assume that you are a member and that members can bring guests.

Is the training/classes any good?

Give a holler when ready.

alnitak

imported post

I shoot at the IWLA range outside of Leesburg on Route 15-S. It might be a 30-40 minute drive for you, but be happy to meet you there sometime. Weekends are crowded, though.

nemo

imported post

Tac-Man wrote:
340 defense is located at 263 Berryvile Pike Rippon,WV 25441.
I visited it on Monday: they have great plans for how it is going to be (note tense). I talked with Josh, IIRC, and a buddy of his. They could answer questions about facilties but not about prices, much. Outdoor shooting is low on my winter list of priorities, but I will go back to talk with the owner (Mark?), later, in preparation for the spring and summer to come.