• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Broadening our Horizons

richarcm

imported post

I don't know how much good it does but I often times post certain gun related posts to the "Rant & Rave" section of Craigslist. Sometimes to the DC section, sometimes the NOVA section and sometimes to the Richmond section. I love hearing all of the positive stories on opencarry.org about guns, open carrying and self defense but I already approve of guns. I'm already convinced!! To me they are just entertainment to read while on the toilet or whatnot. So I like to sometimes share my stories and other stories I read with the people on Craigslist so that other people, who might not normally read such positive perspectives, can experience them.

Are there other people on this site that share their experiences on other non-gun, non-republican and non-liberty websites? To help spread positive stories to those who need to hear them the most??

I see a few others who post pro-gun stories and comments on the local "Rant & Rave" section of Craigslist. I'm not sure if they are any of you guys/girls or not. But it would be really cool to see more people doing that sort of thing. This is a wonderful website but it is often times "preaching to the choire".

VaGunTrader

imported post

I'm a big fan of craigslist too. I go on there everyday and see whats for sale. But from what I can tell the only thing you cant sell on thereare firearms. You can offer prostitution on there but no guns !! I guess Craig was a single man that didnt have any luck with the ladies.

I decided to start the www.VaGunTrader.com website to fill the void that craigslist left with the "no guns" policy.

richarcm

imported post

trx680 wrote:
I'm a big fan of craigslist too. I go on there everyday and see whats for sale. But from what I can tell the only thing you cant sell on thereare firearms. You can offer prostitution on there but no guns !! I guess Craig was a single man that didnt have any luck with the ladies.

I decided to start the http://www.VaGunTrader.com website to fill the void that craigslist left with the "no guns" policy.
Yeah I really appreciate your website too! It is a great idea that took too long for anyone to act upon.

But I'm more curious about Craigslist, not in terms of SELLING guns, but in terms of educating people of them. This website is great and takes up more of my time than it should. I've learned a lot. But I only stumbled upon it because I was unbiased, neutral and curious. The problem with our movement of sorts isn't necessarily that we don't OC enough or elect the right officials. The problem with our movement is that there is a monopoly on the information that exists in regards to guns and our movement. I was just wondering if anyone else has been posting pro gun information on boards not affiliated with guns, liberty or republicanism where once again you are most likely preaching to the choire.

VaGunTrader

imported post

richarcm wrote:
But I'm more curious about Craigslist, not in terms of SELLING guns, but in terms of educating people of them.
Craigslist originated in San Francisco California if I'm not mistaken. And we all know how Cali feels about guns.

Ebay also owns 25% of craigslist, and we know how they feel about guns !!

richarcm

imported post

trx680 wrote:
richarcm wrote:
But I'm more curious about Craigslist, not in terms of SELLING guns, but in terms of educating people of them.
Craigslist originated in San Francisco California if I'm not mistaken. And we all know how Cali feels about guns.

Ebay also owns 25% of craigslist, and we know how they feel about guns !!
LOL...I agree. But that still isn't my point. :)

sudden valley gunner

imported post

richarcm wrote:
I don't know how much good it does but I often times post certain gun related posts to the "Rant & Rave" section of Craigslist. Sometimes to the DC section, sometimes the NOVA section and sometimes to the Richmond section. I love hearing all of the positive stories on opencarry.org about guns, open carrying and self defense but I already approve of guns. I'm already convinced!! To me they are just entertainment to read while on the toilet or whatnot. So I like to sometimes share my stories and other stories I read with the people on Craigslist so that other people, who might not normally read such positive perspectives, can experience them.

Are there other people on this site that share their experiences on other non-gun, non-republican and non-liberty websites? To help spread positive stories to those who need to hear them the most??

I see a few others who post pro-gun stories and comments on the local "Rant & Rave" section of Craigslist. I'm not sure if they are any of you guys/girls or not. But it would be really cool to see more people doing that sort of thing. This is a wonderful website but it is often times "preaching to the choire".
Funny I came across your post I was just about to do the same thing in craigslist for my city in Washington State, one of the most liberal/hippyish places you'll find...post in the rants and watch them so called peacelover froth at the mouth with their anti rants like rabid pitbulls.

richarcm

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Funny I came across your post I was just about to do the same thing in craigslist for my city in Washington State, one of the most liberal/hippyish places you'll find...post in the rants and watch them so called peacelover froth at the mouth with their anti rants like rabid pitbulls.
Good! I'm not sure where else would be as good of a place to post our perspectives that has such a mainstream audience. I was just wondering how many people did this because I think that we all need to venture outside of websites such as this if any real progress will ever be made. This website is extremely informative and educational but only if you choose to check it out. I wanted to see if anyone posted to websites/blogs other than Craigslist. Just looking for ideas.....

richarcm

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
I was going to post and see if they would get deleted because of craigs anti gun stance..
They pretty much rely on the readers of it to have the posts reported. To the best of my knowledge talking about guns is not against their terms of agreement. That being said a LOT of stuff that I put up there get's deleted eventually because there are some people on there that just do not want anything contrary in nature to their warped opinion.

KBCraig

imported post

I have posted informational items on my local craigslist (no relation! :p ), asking people to sign the OC petitions. None were deleted to my knowledge.

t11spanner

imported post

So, in which forums and groups do they do the anti-gun thing?

I would like to read up a little on Craigs.

I too enjoy Craigslist, it helped me find a decent place at a decent price to live in when I took my current position, moving from the high desert of Nevada.

I too try and look at what the others are saying, and how they are saying it.

Carl.