• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC with snub nose????

Nate245

imported post

OK I just got a Taurus .357 snub for a few reasons. We have one .357 that is a 6inch and like it but a little big to carry every day. I am wanting to keep legal and want to know if I have the snub nose in the holster but only the hand grip or a little more is out in the open can I get in trouble? The reason that the gun is only out a little is cause the place that I went to get the gun only had in the pants holsters. I seem to remember from a little time ago that in AZ you do not have to have ALL the gun showing but must have some of it showing. I am asking for trouble when I carry this way? Can I be taken to jail or have the gun taken from me for this? Can anyone help me on this? Thanks for your time and happy OCing!!!!

AZkopper

imported post

If the gun is in a holster, and the holster is wholey or partially visible to casual observance, you are good. The size of the gun doesn't matter, the grip will be visible from any standard holster.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Get a different holster. Wear a gun belt with the holster completely exposed. Recommend cross draw, slightly forward on your hipso it won't interfere with your seat belt and can be easily drawn from a seated position.

I do not like, nor wear IWB's. They're madefor CCanyway.