Thread: Knoledge is Power!

Post imported post

Any one interested in getting their hands on Criminal Law and Procedure manual this is the link, it is worth the money. I bought the book in 2004 and I paid 15.00 It may be more now but it is filled with law and definitions of the law and words used in law. It has M.C.L. & constitutional law.

The Criminal Law and Procedure manual is published annually by the Michigan State Police Training Division in cooperation with the Executive Division. Copies of the manual can be purchased by calling the Training Division at (517) 322-1200. and press 8 for the receptionist

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7...0963--,00.html

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

I sawyour copy and I'm getting one, great reference book.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

I use mine often. If you go to the link you can actually get a 2007 supplement on pdf and it covers some of the new revisions on cpl and such.

Post imported post

conservative85 wrote:
    Knoledge is Power!
    Aaaah Sweet Irony, how thou dost maketh my life worth living :P

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Post imported post

Just ordered the 2008 version at $31.00. I printed out the supplement as well. Thanks for the heads up conserve...85.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Bronson wrote:
    conservative85 wrote:
    Knoledge is Power!

Bronson
    Ah...sweet irony & only one of 126 has either noticed or pointed it out!
    :celebrate

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

conservative85 wrote:
    Bronson wrote:
    conservative85 wrote:
    Knoledge is Power!

Bronson
    Ah...sweet irony & only one of 126 has either noticed and pointed it out!
    Fixed.

Post imported post

double post
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

Venator, you've probably found the website for this book already... Here is the link in case you haven't, and for those of you who are fans of knoledge...:?

http://www.gunfacts.info/index.html
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

conservative85 wrote:
    Bronson wrote:
    conservative85 wrote:
    Knoledge is Power!

Bronson
    Well, somebody has to have the lack of tact to point out an honest mistake. And that somebody is me :P

All meant in fun. I hope no offense was taken.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Post imported post

I'm glad u pointed it out. I never noticed the w was missing. Could have sworn it was there when I hit send. Words like this Usually the d is forgotten.

Realy I was just trying to cach more peoples attention to look at the thred.:celebrate

Post imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
    Venator, you've probably found the website for this book already... Here is the link in case you haven't, and for those of you who are fans of knoledge...:?

http://www.gunfacts.info/index.html
    I did and it's ordered. It's a good book to have at hand. I think it was about $15.00 with shipping.

Post imported post

FROM AN EMAIL I RECIEVED:

A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is700,000.

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.

Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171
    Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of
    Health Human Services.

Now think about this:

Guns:

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is

Death per gun owner is

Statistics courtesy of FBI

So, statistically, doctors are approximately

9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN,

BUT

ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friendsto this alarming threat.

We must ban doctors

before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

Out of concern for the public at large,

I withheld the statistics on

lawyers

for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention

Post imported post

When Xerxes offered to spare the lives of Leonidas, his 300 personal bodyguards and a handful of Thebans and others who volunteered to defend their country, if they would lay down their arms, Leonidas shouted these two words back.Molon Labe! (mo-lone lah-veh) They mean, β€œCome and get them!”

Great 2nd amendment hat. They have other stuff as well.

Order here: 14.99 +S/H

http://lifelibertyetc.com/product.aspx?pid=21

Post imported post

Venator,

There is a slight problem with your physician and guns comparison. If we accept your information as true for the sake of argument, then what is to stop "society" or "government" from increasing the licensing and testing of both "physicians" and "guns" to the point that there is a very small number of both physicians and guns? Since we are continually requiring more training and restrictions on the part of physicians practicing medicine, why not do the same for gun ownership? I would hate to see your argument used to support more gun control, but it is "logical".
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Post imported post

DrTodd wrote:
    Venator,

There is a slight problem with your physician and guns comparison. If we accept your information as true for the sake of argument, then what is to stop "society" or "government" from increasing the licensing and testing of both "physicians" and "guns" to the point that there is a very small number of both physicians and guns? Since we are continually requiring more training and restrictions on the part of physicians practicing medicine, why not do the same for gun ownership? I would hate to see your argument used to support more gun control, but it is "logical".
    I edited my post to reflect that I received it via an email. The data is not of my making. If you would like I can delete it.

Post imported post

I want to know if I get the model and the rifle with the hat...

1776"

Post imported post

No need, Venator...

I didn't mean it to be taken THAT seriously.
    It was just an opinion, and I did like it for it's "shock value"...
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.