• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Knoledge is Power!

conservative85

imported post

Any one interested in getting their hands on Criminal Law and Procedure manual this is the link, it is worth the money. I bought the book in 2004 and I paid 15.00 It may be more now but it is filled with law and definitions of the law and words used in law. It has M.C.L. & constitutional law.

[size="-1"][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]The Criminal Law and Procedure manual is published annually by the Michigan State Police Training Division in cooperation with the Executive Division. Copies of the manual can be purchased by calling the Training Division at (517) 322-1200. and press 8 for the receptionist[/font][/size]

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123--140963--,00.html

conservative85

imported post

I use mine often. If you go to the link you can actually get a 2007 supplement on pdf and it covers some of the new revisions on cpl and such.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

conservative85 wrote:
Bronson wrote:
conservative85 wrote:
Knoledge is Power!
Aaaah Sweet Irony, how thou dost maketh my life worth living :p:lol:

Bronson
Ah...sweet irony & only one of 126 has either noticed or pointed it out!
:celebrate
Ah...sweet irony & only one of 126 has either noticed and pointed it out!
Fixed.

Bronson

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
Bronson wrote:
conservative85 wrote:
Knoledge is Power!
Aaaah Sweet Irony, how thou dost maketh my life worth living :p:lol:

Bronson
Ah...sweet irony & only one of 126 has either noticed or pointed it out!
:celebrate

Well, somebody has to have the lack of tact to point out an honest mistake. And that somebody is me :p

All meant in fun. I hope no offense was taken.

Bronson

conservative85

imported post

I'm glad u pointed it out. I never noticed the w was missing. Could have sworn it was there when I hit send. Words like this Usually the d is forgotten.

Realy I was just trying to cach more peoples attention to look at the thred.:celebrate

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

[align=center]FROM AN EMAIL I RECIEVED:[/align]
[align=center]A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
[/align]

[align=center](B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000. [/align]

[align=center]Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171
Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of
Health Human Services.
[/align]

[align=center]Now think about this: [/align]

[align=center]Guns: [/align]

[align=center](A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. [/align]

[align=center](B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is [/align]

[align=center]1,500. [/align]

[align=center]Death per gun owner is [/align]

[align=center].000188 [/align]

[align=center]Statistics courtesy of FBI [/align]

[align=center]So, statistically, doctors are approximately [/align]

[align=center]9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners. [/align]

[align=center]Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.' [/align]

[align=center]FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, [/align]

[align=center]BUT [/align]

[align=center]ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR. [/align]

[align=center]Please alert your friendsto this alarming threat. [/align]

[align=center]We must ban doctors [/align]

[align=center]before this gets completely out of hand!!!!! [/align]

[align=center]Out of concern for the public at large, [/align]

[align=center]I withheld the statistics on [/align]

[align=center]lawyers [/align]

[align=center]for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention [/align]

Venator

imported post

When Xerxes offered to spare the lives of Leonidas, his 300 personal bodyguards and a handful of Thebans and others who volunteered to defend their country, if they would lay down their arms, Leonidas shouted these two words back.Molon Labe! (mo-lone lah-veh) They mean, “Come and get them!”

Great 2[suP]nd[/suP] amendment hat. They have other stuff as well.

Order here: 14.99 +S/H

http://lifelibertyetc.com/product.aspx?pid=21

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Venator,

There is a slight problem with your physician and guns comparison. If we accept your information as true for the sake of argument, then what is to stop "society" or "government" from increasing the licensing and testing of both "physicians" and "guns" to the point that there is a very small number of both physicians and guns? Since we are continually requiring more training and restrictions on the part of physicians practicing medicine, why not do the same for gun ownership? I would hate to see your argument used to support more gun control, but it is "logical".

Venator

imported post

DrTodd wrote:
Venator,

There is a slight problem with your physician and guns comparison. If we accept your information as true for the sake of argument, then what is to stop "society" or "government" from increasing the licensing and testing of both "physicians" and "guns" to the point that there is a very small number of both physicians and guns? Since we are continually requiring more training and restrictions on the part of physicians practicing medicine, why not do the same for gun ownership? I would hate to see your argument used to support more gun control, but it is "logical".
I edited my post to reflect that I received it via an email. The data is not of my making. If you would like I can delete it.