• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

screwy

tn terry t

imported post

are all drivers testing center as screwy as ours in Dickson ? i have to take a day off from work go give them 115 dollars get a number for holland employment call themthen take another day off to get finger printed i was told they wont do it the same day is this normal for the rest of the state?

Fallguy

imported post

I don't think it is. I got my HCP way back when the DOS had to take your fingerprints themselves so not 100% sure how it is now.

But I have heardof other going straight from the DL station and getting fingerprinted. But I guess it is up to the place that does the fingerprinting whether they take walk ins or you have to set up an appointment.

tn terry t

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Wasn't like that for me. Three of us went to Lawrenceburg DL station to apply and we got our fingerprints done the same day. We had to go to another office, though.

i'm beginning to believe this just a local thing i think i'm going to call clarksville tomorrow and see how they operate oops first i gota get a certified birth certificate ohwell i guess they want to make sure i was born not hatched:)

WCrawford

imported post

I didn't have that problem either. I did have to wait a number of hours at the DL facility in Nashville, but I called the number (was on hold for about 45 minutes before a person actually answered) and went to the Academy of Personal Protection and Security (APPS) in Nashville that same day for fingerprinting.

They had stated that they did the fingerprinting in the class I took for my armed guard license and my HCP.

Pol Mordreth

imported post

Here in Rutherford Co they take walk ins, but the fingerprints are done at a different location. I ended up getting my prints done a different day after work, but I work 7 - 3 right now so I can get there whan they are open. The prints only took about 10 minutes, so you may not have to take off a full day to get them done.

Regards,

Pol

69johnny

imported post

Same here. (about 8 months ago) I got mine in Dickson. They actually did one worse. After going to the license branch and filling out the question form. (ever been arrested...blah blah) they advised me I had to go to the sherrif's office to be finger printed! (WRONG!!) They told me I was nuts when I went there and said I was to go to Holland Temp-agency employment. Had to schedule for another day with holland for fingerprints. From THAT Day til permit was in hand was over 4 months. That's right gang...I said 4 months. Not 3 months/90 days as promised.....4 months!!! I got so pissed off at the end of the 4th month I called them up and tried to get my money back!
So yeah, "screwy" doesn't even begin to describe it.

Sincerely,

The Johnny Person.

tn terry t

imported post

ok heres the deal as of yesterday i think finally they have their "stuff" together go to dot, get the paperwork with a TAPS # and a website get online and preregister for holland i then called holland the lady asked if i had a conformation number from the website. i said yesthe lady said come on down

i showed her my DL she took me straight back and did the prints. from the time i got out of my truck untill i got back in was 11 minutes:celebrate