• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC Mailing Stamps

SpringerXDacp

imported post

I was watching SAS tonight and this came to mind. Personalized mailing stamps where we can use the MOC Logo. All you need is the image (MOC Logo) file. I tried it using my avatar picture file and it looks great.

I have not seen any suggestions like this on OCDO and thought some here would be interested in this.

As you can see on the websites that the large stamps (1.7" x 1.5" image area) are $18.95 for 20, $.42 stamps. If you purchase a second sheet of 20 then you get $2.00 off.

Thoughts?

http://www.yourstamps.com/ or http://www.zazzle.com/custom/stamps

SpringerXDacp

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Good idea, can you check and see if we would get a larger discount on a bulk purchase? Say in lots of 500 or 1,000...
More than likely they would, especially, forbusiness orders. I didn't take much time to browse the sites, but I'm sure it's in there somewhere.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Hcidem wrote:
I never knew these were available. This is another excellent idea, SpringerXDacp.

I didn't either. I have no idea what was said on SAS that made me think of that. LOL

Igoogled: custom made mailing stamps and it listed the two sites.

MrsRuger45

imported post

I would never want to shoot down (ha, ha!) another person's idea, but I am an avid pen paller & I also send cards to several people all across the country for special occasions. While I think the custom stamps are great for something like new baby announcements, it has been my experience that people rarely look at stamps on mail that they receive. And to me, these custom stamps are an outrageous price! They cost slightly over double what postage from the USPS costs. I feel that a decent size sticker to put on the back of your mail to help seal the envelope would be more noticeable, not to mention much cheaper. Just my opinion! :D

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Stickers are a great idea. I have been pricing them for a while and unless you buy a bajillion they can cost up to .40 or more each. If the stamp is 42 cents and a sticker is 40 cents, you are just about spending the same amount with the personalized stamps.

If anyone knows where I can get decent stickers made up cheap let me know.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Venator wrote:
Stickers are a great idea.  I have been pricing them for a while and unless you buy a bajillion they can cost up to .40 or more each.  If the stamp is 42 cents and a sticker is 40 cents, you are just about spending the same amount with the personalized stamps. 

Sticker Robot.

http://www.stickerobot.com/pricing/

$140/1000 or $.14 each. If you let them put their logo on the sticker backing (not on the sticker), then you save $10 per 1,000 you order.

ETA they're also waterproof, bumper sticker quality. No setup fees, no hidden fees. Just the price you see. They're 4-color Screen-printed, too.

Venator

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
Venator wrote:
Stickers are a great idea. I have been pricing them for a while and unless you buy a bajillion they can cost up to .40 or more each. If the stamp is 42 cents and a sticker is 40 cents, you are just about spending the same amount with the personalized stamps.

Sticker Robot.

$140/1000 or $.14 each. If you let them put their logo on the sticker backing (not on the sticker), then you save $10 per 1,000 you order.

ETA they're also waterproof, bumper sticker quality. No setup fees, no hidden fees. Just the price you see. They're 4-color Screen-printed, too.
Don't forget $20 for shipping.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Venator wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
Venator wrote:
Stickers are a great idea.  I have been pricing them for a while and unless you buy a bajillion they can cost up to .40 or more each.  If the stamp is 42 cents and a sticker is 40 cents, you are just about spending the same amount with the personalized stamps. 

Sticker Robot.

Don't forget $20 for shipping. 

Ah, yes, I did overlook that.

So we're talking $140-10+20= $150 for 1,000, or $.15 per sticker.

I'm willing to take donations to place an order.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Ok, I'm in.....60 stickers X .15= $9.00. I'll send you $10.00 with the extra $1.00 to go towards shipping.

I'd rather have people do a buy 1, donate 1 for events/tables. So when we start doing things like going to Gun Shows, and hosting events at the Capitol, and have gatherings, new (potential) members can grab some free swag/info.

Venator

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:
Ok, I'm in.....60 stickers X .15= $9.00. I'll send you $10.00 with the extra $1.00 to go towards shipping.

I'd rather have people do a buy 1, donate 1 for events/tables. So when we start doing things like going to Gun Shows, and hosting events at the Capitol, and have gatherings, new (potential) members can grab some free swag/info.
I would rather sell then for $1 to raise some money for MOC stuff. Give a few away, but sell the majority as a fund raiser. I'll have buttons and stickers to sell. Members could buy several stickers at cost and sell them for whatever they want and have some money for MOC banners, projector, billboards, etc.....