• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gatlinburg OC

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Got the bad news today, I have to go to gatlinburg, TN for a weekend.
How is the OC climate up there?
TN honors my CCW, and my CCW says I must obey the local laws in TN, so OC
is required by my sherrifs own literature.:celebrate
Which attracks more attention, Black, Blue, or Stainless Steel?
It's been a long time but I am shure the town I need to go through will still
remeber me, and I don't want to draw to much attention on the way there.

Pol Mordreth

imported post

Don't know about the specific climate in Gatlinburg, but with a CCW (what state, BTW?) both OC and CC are fine. Remember that the way the laws are written in TN, carrying a weapon is against the law, and a permit is an affirmative defense to that charge. This means that TN police may stop you and ask for your permit with no other reason than they saw your weapon.

Other than that, wear whatever! Remember, formal dress would require Stainless! (heheh)

Regards,

Pol

SlackwareRobert

imported post

That is why I bought the satin pistol. It goes great with my suite, and cowboy boots.
But is just too much for everyday use.
Fired up my coal furnace this weekend, ("Al Gore Smoker Mk I"), next step to poor the holster for it.
May have to wait a few days for the cold spell to end.

I'm used to the stop and check, but wanted to know about gatlinburg, seems the
tourist trap areas are the worst for uninformed/don't care encounters.

AL licence, but was shocked TN recipricates when all we need, is $15 and 3 days to get a permit.
No prints, no pistol id's, don't even have to sign forms that you answered truthfully
about your criminal history. Didn't even have to show an ID, payed cash so I
wouldn't leave a paper trail.:shock:
Just hope my nonresident permit comes in soon before the new jack booted gestapo outlaws them.

steamnsteel

imported post

Gatlinburg is a green light, I have not had any problems there. Just be wary of walking into an establishment that serves alky for onsite consumption, that is against the law here. But it is a defense if you use deadly force in a non allowed area.

marine77

imported post

A lot of business's have no weapons allowed signs (although most of them are not legal), common sense prevails.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

What you mean the rest of the country isn't dry like down here?
Guess I need to inform the bride she can't have booze so I can attend.:cool:
Or is a wedding reception considered private party with onsite consumption?
Will have to bone up on the TN laws some before the big event.

Just don't know if I want to treck up to that lookout tower with the 5lb wildey on hip.
Just might need the everyday taurus for the climb. Just hope DA don't start
claiming that when you can see the other state, you must abide by the other states regs. Wouldn't put it past them.