• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed carry

sureshot

imported post

How many here on this site believe that the Obama administration will try to take away our rights to own and bear(carry) our guns? Is anybody here worried?

wrightme

imported post

I am more concerned with what Congress will do. So far, the House is showing that the Democratic majority intends to vote a party ticket with no regard given for what their constituents desire.

As always, all those who value their 2nd Amendment Right will be well served by remaining vigilant in tracking the activities of our Senators and Representatives, and remaining active in contacting our Senators and Representatives to let them know how we desire them to vote.

shad0wfax

imported post

I am absolutely certain that Congress will be attempting to pass more legislation that will infringe on our rights to keep and bear arms. There is no doubt in my mind.

I'm absolutely positive that Obama will not veto any legislation that infringes on our rights to keep and bear arms.

Obama has already nominated Eric J. Holder to be the Attorney General for the U.S. and Holder is most decidedly against our right to keep and bear arms. I expect the worst from Holder and the rest of Obama's cabinet. (This applies to economics, social policy, free speach, state's rights, etc.; In other words, more than the 2nd amendment is at stake.)

There is already a bill in committee (introduced by some traitorous "republicans" from the east coast) that will attempt to reinstate the Clinton Gun Ban of 1994 with more restrictive terms and no sunset clause.

wrightme

imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
There is already a bill in committee (introduced by some traitorous "republicans" from the east coast) that will attempt to reinstate the Clinton Gun Ban of 1994 with more restrictive terms and no sunset clause.
Which bill is that? I thought I had seen all of them, and I did not see such a bill. Senate or House? What number?

xd45_in_TX

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The only one that I have seen is H.R. 6257, Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008, introduced Jun 12, 2008, but according to http://www.govtrack.us it states:

"This bill never became law. This bill was proposed in a previous session of Congress. Sessions of Congress last two years, and at the end of each session all proposed bills and resolutions that haven't passed are cleared from the books. Members often reintroduce bills that did not come up for debate under a new number in the next session. "

You can go to http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-6257to see the all of the info on this one.

xd45_in_TX

Founder's Club Member
imported post

According to Obama's web site change.gov if you click on his agenda page, then the urban policy link scroll down toward the bottom to the Crime and Law Enforcement section it states:

"Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent. "

I higlighted the last sentence in red, I believe will answer your question. Here is the link to that specific page, http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy_agenda/