• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Went to the range yesterday

BMW Racer

imported post

A friend and I went to the range on Tryon Rd. in Garner yesterday and it was a good experience.I OC'd to the shop, and back home. No problems.

But what was interesting was how much better/accurate I got as I practiced. I'm not a "nervous" person (I race sports cars at 130 mph and am perfectly comfortable going door-to-door into a right-hand 90 mph sweeper at the limit) but I did feel more comfortable after shooting.

It took about 10 rounds of 9mm for me to get my aim dialed-in and I was about 95% inside a 15"X15" target at about 20 ft. from then-on. We each shot about 75 rounds total; 10 at a time. I also shot my friend's Springfield 9mm subcompact because I'm getting a CHP gun when my permit arrives; should be about a week.

I've ownedmy Ruger P89 for about 12 years and would go to the range about once per year. That's not enough.

Now, I'll go once per month.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

BMW Racer wrote:
A friend and I went to the range on Tryon Rd. in Garner yesterday and it was a good experience.I OC'd to the shop, and back home. No problems.

But what was interesting was how much better/accurate I got as I practiced. I'm not a "nervous" person (I race sports cars at 130 mph and am perfectly comfortable going door-to-door into a right-hand 90 mph sweeper at the limit) but I did feel more comfortable after shooting.

It took about 10 rounds of 9mm for me to get my aim dialed-in and I was about 95% inside a 15"X15" target at about 20 ft. from then-on. We each shot about 75 rounds total; 10 at a time. I also shot my friend's Springfield 9mm subcompact because I'm getting a CHP gun when my permit arrives; should be about a week.

I've ownedmy Ruger P89 for about 12 years and would go to the range about once per year. That's not enough.

Compare your first lap time on a track that's new to you to your second lap time. Enjoy that feeling of improvement while you get it :D. I practice on a regular basis and rarely ever feel like I've improved.

BMW Racer

imported post

DreQo wrote:
BMW Racer wrote:

Compare your first lap time on a track that's new to you to your second lap time. Enjoy that feeling of improvement while you get it :D. I practice on a regular basis and rarely ever feel like I've improved.
For sure! At the National Championships at Mid Ohio (my third time at Mid O) this year we had several rain sessions. Every session got quicker and quicker.