• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shreveport

Gbav1

imported post

Hey Guys, my daughter lives off of hwy 169 by buncombe rd. and I go visit her about every 2 to 3 months. When I am there I look for places to shoot, and also good gun stores. Are there any around, besides Shooters Club, That place is a ripoff. I am from the NOLA area,westbank, and we can shoot around here for about half that price.

Thanks for any info, P.S. I love Pancho's up there

99vengeur

imported post

I live in Shreveport and use the range at Shooter's USA. The Shreveport Gun Club is just south of the airport, but I think they only do shotguns and clay shooting. If you go north of Bossier City, the Bodcau WMA has a free range, but it's about 45 minutes from Shrevport. Since you will be coming from the N.O. area, check out Long-Range Alley in Kingston right off I-49. Here is the website http://www.lra-tti.com/

Gbav1

imported post

Thanks for the info, will try those out. I am always looking for something to do up ther when we visit, while my wife and daughter go to the boardwalk for the day.

Thanks again

Louisiana Carry

imported post

You have to be a member or the guest of a member to go to LRA.

I would be happy to have you as my guest if you give me a little heads up.

Best range in the State. Only one with a 1000yd range, also.

Shooters isa dive(no offense to those here who are members).

BTW, my number is 584-4105.

If you forget it, you can always reach me through http://louisianacarry.org

~Micha

Gbav1

imported post

Thanks for the intel. Your right, the people at Shooters are very rude. I think because they have no competition. Hey are there any good gun stores in the area?

Louisiana Carry

imported post

There's one opening, but he got cleaned out of stock after the obomination, and is still pretty cleaned out.

Suppliers are out of everything right now.

We have a pretty nice little pro shop at the range, though.

Dustin

imported post

Louisiana Carry wrote:
Best range in the State. Only one with a 1000yd range, also.

Ever seen anyone shooting 1,000yd ?

I have, but only in the Marines.

It's always a pretty good show, especially since the round itself drops an average of 320 inches :what:

sheepdog

imported post

...it's been since 69---what range did we qualify at??? I qualified with the M14...later carried the M16---but I forgot the range distance...

When I lived in Shreveport...the Gun Club was all there was...but you could shoot all around Pines Road....now there are OLD houses and businesses where I'd shoot...I feel old....