• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Shows these coming weekends...

Cougar125

imported post

Figured I'd post them up. Don't know who knows about them or not.

The one on the 17th/18th is in Puyallup. I'll be going with my Father-in-Law (He's a WAC member so he'll be buying some stuff) to check it out.

The one the weekend of the 24th is at the Skagit Fairgrounds by Mount Vernon. Don't know who I'll be going with to that one.

Cougar125

imported post

Not sure on either. I know the WAC you have to be a member to do anything other than look. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Don't know about the one in MV...a friend of mine is gonna have a table.

Vern357

imported post

WAC ones you can buy and sell anything except a gun. So if you need ammo, glass, beef jerky, or spare parts you are OK, but it will cost ya $7 I think to get in.

The Centralia gun show for last weekend got cancelled due to flooding, they were going to try to reschedule it but I havent heard anything.

dlnwoody

imported post

The gun show normally have some good stuff. What I want to know is how good is this one going to be with everything on back order.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I'd suggest getting there early for ammo. Due to the Obama fear mongers ammo last month (ie 7.62x39) started at $160 for 700 rounds by 1pm it was up to $230.

I suggest for non-members to read up on the rules at the WAC web site:
http://www.washingtonarmscollectors.org/shows.asp#Rules

Only members can carry weapons on their person - unloaded/actions tied open - no ammo in magazines or speedloaders. Only members can purchase and or sell guns.
No photographs, video or audio taping is allowed

shad0wfax

imported post

d0od wrote:
I was told by a vendor there that if I had my CPL that I could buy.
This applies only to WAC (Washington Arms Collectors) shows:

The CPL only makes it faster for you to become a WAC member. (No background check required.) You can become a WAC member without a CPL but they require a county/state background check first.

At WAC shows you have to have a valid WAC membership and be wearing your valid WAC badge to buy or sell firearms at a WAC show. They also have both seller and buyer record WAC member #'s when sales are conducted. If they catch a WAC member and a non-WAC member performing a sale or trade of firearms on the WAC show-grounds they will trespass both parties out of the show and revoke the WAC member's membership. They'll also bar the non-WAC member from becoming a WAC member.

If you are walking around the WAC show trying to sell firearms without a WAC badge, be prepared to be trespassed out and not be allowed to return in the future.

It's highly inadvisable to bring firearms concealed into a WAC show. If your weapon prints they will remove you from the show.