• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SW Michigan FNRA Dinner

Hcidem

imported post

6th ANNUAL S.W. MICHIGAN FRIENDS OF THE NRA EVENT

FRIDAY, APRIL 3, 2009

Van Buren Conference Center, 490 South Paw Paw Street

Lawrence, MI 49064, Exit 52, north off I-94

Prime Rib Dinner followed by Silent Auction, Raffles,

Live Auction of official NRA provided items and donated items.

A meatless meal available on request

All funds from this event will benefit the shooting sports in the State of Michigan and Nationally

5:00 p.m. Social Hour 6:30 p.m. Dinner

7:30 p.m. Silent Auction, Raffles, and Live Auction
=======================================================================
SOUTHWEST MICHIGAN FRIENDS OF THE NRA DINNER EVENT

On Friday, April 3, 2009 the Southwest Michigan Friends of the NRA will hold its Sixth Annual Dinner Event. This is a fund-raiser for the NRA Foundation, which uses all net proceeds from this event to support the shooting sports, recreational shooting, and our American tradition of lawful firearm ownership.

The evening will start with a social hour at 5:00pm, followed by a prime rib dinner at 6:30pm after which raffles, silent auctions, and a live auction of official NRA furnished items consisting of NRA gun of the year, NRA knife of the year, firearms, optics, prints, sculptures, and more.

This year's event will be held at the Van Buren Conference Center in Lawrence, Michigan north of exit #52 off I-94.

Dinner tickets are $25 each. For those that enjoy a deal, packages are also available such as the “Big Shooter” Package for $100, which includes one dinner ticket and $160 worth of general raffle tickets; “Big Sportsmen's” Package for $150, which includes 2 dinner tickets, and $220 worth of general raffle tickets; “Second Amendment Table” Package for $1000, which includes 8 dinner tickets, $180 worth of general raffle tickets per person, and one long gun per table; and the “Minute Man Table” Package for $1320, which includes 8 dinner tickets, $220 worth of general raffle tickets per person, and one high power rifle per table. The packages will give you the biggest “bang” for your buck and more opportunities to participate in the raffles. Please reserve your table packages by March 1, 2009.

Tickets must be ordered in advance to allow an accurate count for the dinners to be served, this can be done by contacting the committee members and paying with either a credit card or check. All tickets and packages will be waiting at the door. Seating for the event is limited so please call at your earliest convenience.

To reserve a ticket contact John Andrasi 269-925-0911 jandrasi@ymail.com , Bill LeBeau 269-468-6102 bilebeau@hotmail.com, Greg Anderson 269-353-4867, or Dave Wiatrowski 269-767-1078.

See the 2009 Friends Of NRA Merchandise Package. http://www.friendsofnra.org/National.aspx?cid=237

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Hcidem wrote:
I am curious whether MOC members consider this a good opportunity to advance open carry awareness in Michigan.
Sure, advance it anywhere you can. Will they have tables to rent for vendors? Or you can just have a bunch of brochures out on the tables of prizes. If a table is for rent I can get you the MOC banners.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Hcidem wrote:
I am curious whether MOC members consider this a good opportunity to advance open carry awareness in Michigan.
I honestly believe it would Hcidem. However, the Civic Center is probably posted as a CPZ and that would not allow us (MOC) to represent who we are. If some members here would like to attend, I suggest the one of the following:

a) “Second Amendment Table” Package for $1000, which includes 8 dinner tickets, $180 worth of general raffle tickets per person, and one long gun per table

b) “Minute Man Table” Package for $1320, which includes 8 dinner tickets, $220 worth of general raffle tickets per person, and one high power rifle per table.

There should be sufficient time fordonations to have 8 members here represent MOC, GOA & OCDO at the dinner.

I will make a donation for this, it won't be much, but it's a start.

Again, it's only a suggestion and I'm only throwing ths out there for members to digest.

Thoughts???

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

This post is for informational purposes about the legality of OC at the event, I am not making a statement regarding prudence of OC while at this event.

Since the VanBuren Conference Center is a part of the VanBuren ISD (a school), it would be a "No (concealed) Pistol zone" under
section 5o of the Concealed Pistol Licensing Act and a prohibited area for non-cpl possession under the provisions of section 237a(4) of the Penal Code. (Since the prohibition against possessing firearms in a school zone does not apply to a peace officer or to a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon. (Section 237a(5)) Open Carry by cpl holders whaile at the function appears to be legal.)

If the concern was that the building would be an Entertainment Facility w/ a seating capacity of 2500+, it only accommodates 300 people.

See

http://www.vbisd.org/162110331103617543/blank/browse.asp?A=383&BMDRN=2000&BCOB=0&C=54568