Thread: Cleveland Gun Rights Examiner Discusses Legality of Open Carry in Ohio

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Post imported post

Good article. I also liked his article on the comparison of citizens carrying guns to citizens learning CPR. http://www.examiner.com/x-2323-LA-Gu...-CPR-Corollary I've made this same point several times.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Excellent article.

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Good article. Since Ohio recently passed a preemption statute (that has now been upheld by the state Supreme Court), and Ohioans for Concealed Carry and the Buckeye Firearms Association both support and defend open carry, shouldn't Ohio be a yellow state?

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

David817 wrote:
    Good article. Since Ohio recently passed a preemption statute (that has now been upheld by the state Supreme Court), and Ohioans for Concealed Carry and the Buckeye Firearms Association both support and defend open carry, shouldn't Ohio be a yellow state?
    Ohio, like Pnnsylvania and some other states, still requires a permit toopen carry in a vehicle - that's why Ohio remains an "anomolous carry state."

I consider this however to be a slightly superior status than "licensed open cary state" because at least one does not need a permit to open carry on foot.

Post imported post

Ok, one question, do the states really expect to go back on horseback, or "iron horseback". Why the exclusion of vehicles. If a weapon is in a vehicle and can be readily seen or identified, why would you exclude it's transportation? Or is this just another way for them to try to keep our guns at home?

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Post imported post

There isn't a single thing that will solve all these problems, unfortunately any method of outside identification would be an ersatz registration marker, so what we have to fall back on is personal responsibility for our own safety, and that includes police officers safety. LEO's as well as all of our service members are people who are paid to provide a margin of safety in our lives. this is not a catch-all and we all can't be immune to danger. Whenever I go anywhere, I am responsible for mine and my family's safety, and I don't rely on the guys who show up after the fact, 'cause that's just too late.

Post imported post

Good article and reading for anyone who wants to walk down the street in ohio and who is an Ohio gun owner. The only problem is that a lot of police aren't properly trained, and have very little formal education.