Thread: Virginia Crime Commission ties on gun show loophole

Post imported post

WAMU reports that the Virginia Crime Commission tied 6 to 6 on endorsing legislation to "close the gunshow loophole" earlier today.

According to WAMU, this tie means that any loophole legislation will go forward without endorsement by the Commission.

That means good bye to this non issue for another year.

Post imported post

When I bought my K38 at the Dulles gun show from a Pennsylvania dealer we had to pay a Virginia dealer to do the Brady check.

And really, if I do a "private sale" I personally am STILL going to pay my fave dealer to run the Brady check on the buyer, just to be very sure I am not unwittingly selling to one of Bloomberg's Gestapo men or some BG bent on no-good.

Post imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
    When I bought my K38 at the Dulles gun show from a Pennsylvania dealer we had to pay a Virginia dealer to do the Brady check.

And really, if I do a "private sale" I personally am STILL going to pay my fave dealer to run the Brady check on the buyer, just to be very sure I am not unwittingly selling to one of Bloomberg's Gestapo men or some BG bent on no-good.
    Why would you worry about Bloomberg?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    Alexcabbie wrote:

Why would you worry about Bloomberg?
    Just don'twanna become a sideshow in his anti-2A follies is all.

Post imported post

Premature burial of the issue: Virginia Senate Courts of Justice reported out the bill 8-7.

Now it goes to the Senate floor. . . .

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

The Donkey wrote:
    Premature burial of the issue: Virginia Senate Courts of Justice reported out the bill 8-7.

Now it goes to the Senate floor. . . .
    ........And, that's where I predict this issue will be shot down (pun is intended)!! If all goes to hell in the Senate, then, the House of Delegates will be our safety net!!:celebrate

2nd Amendment...........Use it..........Or, lose it!!:X
    The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!

Post imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:

Good for you!
    As for me, I intend to keep my freedom and use it as I see fit (possibly NEVER use it as I don't really like selling guns anyways).
    One question, if you're going to make sure to go through the FFL, why not put it on auctionarms or gunbroker to get more eyes on your deal and maximize your profit?

Post imported post

Were I ever to sell one of my weapons it would be to a "good home" of a freind or relative I knew pretty well. Still we'd do the Brady check to make very sure the deal was glatt kosher.

A weeinie hassled me about carrying my P38 openly and I told him if he didn't like me carrying it he could buy it from me for $850 cash right now on the street. When I told him it would be perfectly legal in Virginia he went :?:shock::what:.

Too bad he didnt wanna buy. I coulda gotten another P38 AND a Bersa AND ammo for both AND probably a couple hours range fees.

I thought antis loved gun "buy-back" deals?...........