Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to AZ How many ppl in Phoenix OC?

Post imported post

Hey, realitvely new here to the valley and have my xd-40 that i carry with me but never OC in public. Where im from it is Never seen. Anyways, just wondering how many people around the Tempe area OC and anybody in the ages of 18-25? Me myself being 24. I haven't seen but one older gentleman OC here in Phoenix.

-dan-

Post imported post

Im from Kommiefornia where guns are a big no no, which is why i moved down here. But even still im the only one i know who carries in tempe. Dont worry about what people think either, i have had no problem and im only 18. Actually i take that back, the only problem i have ever encountered was in downtown phoenix at a trashy pawn shop where having a gun is most necessary:quirky but yea other then that, all the high end areas (chandler, scottsdale, tempe) no one seems to care.

Just curious, your not a helicopter pilot out of papago are you?

Post imported post

Hey thanks for the Info. No, I do fly helo's put not out of Papigo.

Post imported post

Don't be concerned about who else does it. Just do it as a part of gettin' dressed. You'll get used to it. Be aware of what you're carrying tho... w/o being self concious.

Post imported post

Thats actually very good advice. When i first started carrying i was always under the impression that everyone was looking at me and anytime someone got on their phone id kind of get that "oh sh**" feeling. But after a while you just say screw it, its legal, no one cares, and theres nothing anyone can do its your right to carry

Post imported post

I'm from Los Angeles and have been a resident in AZ now for 3 years. I open carry all the time here in Chandler. I get odd looks every now and then, but my safety and my family's safety is more important to me then "looks".

One day I'll get around to getting my CCW permit, but for now it's always on my hip (Ruger .45)

Post imported post

I OC in Phoenix!

Post imported post

I oc while riding my XR around valley, never any problems.

??? for everyone.... I had a Police officer tell me that OC/cc is prohibited along sidewalks of MILL AVE.. anybody else ever been told that??

Post imported post

Is there a school property there?

Post imported post

Not familiar with that area... but other than a school... that doesn't sound right.

Post imported post

Hiredgun30 wrote:

I oc while riding my XR around valley, never any problems.

??? for everyone.... I had a Police officer tell me that OC/cc is prohibited along sidewalks of MILL AVE.. anybody else ever been told that??

Iv never heard anything like that before but mill ave, by the school, is hippyville and im sure there would be plenty of complaints (which is probly why the cop said that.) but its defiantly far enough away from the school that you could carry i dont see what could be illegal about it unless you went in one of the bars

Post imported post

Hey ya'll. thanks for the advice. I actually OC'ed for the first time tonight. Getting off work and stopped in at the local circle K to get a Pepsi and Cope. Decided toput the XD on my hip and went in. No big deal, it was pretty empty but thenboutfifteen seconds later a Tempe K-9 Officer walks in. Now i know its legal and all but I deffinantly got the 'lump in the throat' and was like "great, here we go.."! Make a long story short, he says nothing,I buy my stuff,and walk out to my car. He's right behind me and when we get outside he thenstarts casuallyasking me whatI carry, hostlers, etc. for aboutfive min. I don't care much for Phoenix, but I LOVE Arizona! That gave me a new respect for LEO's. This one was very well educated about our right to OC.

Post imported post

ChpprPilot316,

I'll trade you a trip to the Scottsdale Gun Club for a Helo ride, and of course a full day of open carry. I'll bring things to shoot too. I am near the 101 & Chaparral. Let me know.............

Post imported post

haha thats how it was for me the first time i had an encounter with the cops. yea coming from pig-ville (aka corrupt cali cops) it was an entirely different experience. but the more you talk to the officers down here the more you realize they are all really cool and want nothing more then to take REAL criminals off the street, i have yet to have a bad experience with the LEOs down here

Post imported post

curtm1911 wrote:
    ChpprPilot316,

I'll trade you a trip to the Scottsdale Gun Club for a Helo ride, and of course a full day of open carry. I'll bring things to shoot too. I am near the 101 & Chaparral. Let me know.............
    maybe i could interest you in joining the arizona guard... we can ride along with the blackhawk unit out of papago whenever we want, as long as we have our military ID

Post imported post

r6rider,

I'm 53

CanI still get a ride on a chopper just for $hi!s and giggles...............have you ever seen Dillon's video, "Machine Gun Magic".......................very 2nd Amendment...................and cool too..............

Post imported post

haha well i tried. maybe though, i can talk to the chief warrant officer but chances are slim. just letting a civilian on base requires an extensive procedure which involves a search of the person and vehicle

Post imported post

No problem, don't want to "Endanger" National Security ya know.........lol

Post imported post

curtm1911,

will talk to the boss about our procedures for rides and all. but nonetheless i have heard many a thing good about the SGC. Will have to go up there one day and check it out.

Post imported post

curtm1911... when do you usually go to SGC? I"m there Sunday from noon on. Noon - 2, i'm on VRSO duty, but after, I do my own shooting. Cool place, especially in the summer with the A/C....

Post imported post

Mill Ave. goes directly by ASU and University Dr. actually cuts through the University. I've posted my thoughts on the school carry bans before but can reiterate them here. For the most part the ban on weapons at Universities is a violation of state preemption and an arrest by the university police could be grounds for a lawsuit. There is a loophole in the state law that allows universities to ban firearms and other weapons on the school property and in buildings and if there is no signage the most that can be done is ask you to leave school property. Where they seem to take it too far is to try to say you can't have a gun in your vehicle (while on school property) or while on a public street that goes through or by the university. I'm tempted to actually open carry down University Dr. in Phoenix or Speedway Blvd. in Tucson during peak student time deliberately just to see what happens and I'm not afraid to sue the hell out of them or take it all the way to the state Supreme court. They cannot prohibit firearms on any public street period. Even harrassment by the cops is grounds for a lawsuit. Universities are unfortunately another form of big (liberal) government where you are not a ciziten but a subject. Come to think of it I actually did OC one time at the McDonald's on Speedway right by the University and I did get a few stares but no trouble. Don't think I wouldn't have given the police a major attitude either because McDonald's is private property regardless of whether it is on the campus area or not.

Post imported post

Kick Ass and take names.......:celebrate

Post imported post

'Figured it'd be a 'school' somethin'... For all their espousal of 'diversity' acceptance and encouragement... That only applies to what liberal agendas they agree with. I don't have the need to transit that area at all... so it doesn't affect my OC.

Post imported post

ChpprPilot136,

Is your boss a shooter, and if it will help geta ride, bring him along to the club:celebrate

Post imported post

I OC pretty much everywhere, in fact, I just got back from the Fry's on Bell near the 51Fwy. Most don't even give me a second look, haven't had any negative comments about it either. What comments I do get are generally geared to what it is I'm carrying at the time (99% of the time it's a Glock, models vary LOL).

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast