• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to AZ How many ppl in Phoenix OC?

ChpprPilot136

imported post

Hey, realitvely new here to the valley and have my xd-40 that i carry with me but never OC in public. Where im from it is Never seen. Anyways, just wondering how many people around the Tempe area OC and anybody in the ages of 18-25? Me myself being 24. I haven't seen but one older gentleman OC here in Phoenix.

-dan-

r6-rider

imported post

Im from Kommiefornia where guns are a big no no, which is why i moved down here. But even still im the only one i know who carries in tempe. Dont worry about what people think either, i have had no problem and im only 18. Actually i take that back, the only problem i have ever encountered was in downtown phoenix at a trashy pawn shop where having a gun is most necessary:quirky but yea other then that, all the high end areas (chandler, scottsdale, tempe) no one seems to care.

Just curious, your not a helicopter pilot out of papago are you?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Don't be concerned about who else does it. Just do it as a part of gettin' dressed. You'll get used to it. Be aware of what you're carrying tho... w/o being self concious.

r6-rider

imported post

Thats actually very good advice. When i first started carrying i was always under the impression that everyone was looking at me and anytime someone got on their phone id kind of get that "oh sh**" feeling. But after a while you just say screw it, its legal, no one cares, and theres nothing anyone can do its your right to carry:cool:

usdm419

imported post

I'm from Los Angeles and have been a resident in AZ now for 3 years. I open carry all the time here in Chandler. I get odd looks every now and then, but my safety and my family's safety is more important to me then "looks".

One day I'll get around to getting my CCW permit, but for now it's always on my hip (Ruger .45)

Hiredgun30

imported post

I oc while riding my XR around valley, never any problems.

??? for everyone.... I had a Police officer tell me that OC/cc is prohibited along sidewalks of MILL AVE.. anybody else ever been told that??

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Not familiar with that area... but other than a school... that doesn't sound right.

r6-rider

imported post

Hiredgun30 wrote:
I oc while riding my XR around valley, never any problems.

??? for everyone.... I had a Police officer tell me that OC/cc is prohibited along sidewalks of MILL AVE.. anybody else ever been told that??
Iv never heard anything like that before but mill ave, by the school, is hippyville and im sure there would be plenty of complaints (which is probly why the cop said that.) but its defiantly far enough away from the school that you could carry i dont see what could be illegal about it unless you went in one of the bars

ChpprPilot136

imported post

Hey ya'll. thanks for the advice. I actually OC'ed for the first time tonight. Getting off work and stopped in at the local circle K to get a Pepsi and Cope. Decided toput the XD on my hip and went in. No big deal, it was pretty empty but thenboutfifteen seconds later a Tempe K-9 Officer walks in. Now i know its legal and all but I deffinantly got the 'lump in the throat' and was like "great, here we go.."! Make a long story short, he says nothing,I buy my stuff,and walk out to my car. He's right behind me and when we get outside he thenstarts casuallyasking me whatI carry, hostlers, etc. for aboutfive min. I don't care much for Phoenix, but I LOVE Arizona! That gave me a new respect for LEO's. This one was very well educated about our right to OC.

curtm1911

imported post

ChpprPilot316,

I'll trade you a trip to the Scottsdale Gun Club for a Helo ride, and of course a full day of open carry. I'll bring things to shoot too. I am near the 101 & Chaparral. Let me know.............

r6-rider

imported post

haha thats how it was for me the first time i had an encounter with the cops. yea coming from pig-ville (aka corrupt cali cops) it was an entirely different experience. but the more you talk to the officers down here the more you realize they are all really cool and want nothing more then to take REAL criminals off the street, i have yet to have a bad experience with the LEOs down here

r6-rider

imported post

curtm1911 wrote:
ChpprPilot316,

I'll trade you a trip to the Scottsdale Gun Club for a Helo ride, and of course a full day of open carry. I'll bring things to shoot too. I am near the 101 & Chaparral. Let me know.............
maybe i could interest you in joining the arizona guard... we can ride along with the blackhawk unit out of papago whenever we want, as long as we have our military ID

curtm1911

imported post

r6rider,

I'm 53

CanI still get a ride on a chopper just for $hi!s and giggles...............have you ever seen Dillon's video, "Machine Gun Magic".......................very 2nd Amendment...................and cool too..............

r6-rider

imported post

haha well i tried. maybe though, i can talk to the chief warrant officer but chances are slim. just letting a civilian on base requires an extensive procedure which involves a search of the person and vehicle

ChpprPilot136

imported post

curtm1911,

will talk to the boss about our procedures for rides and all. but nonetheless i have heard many a thing good about the SGC. Will have to go up there one day and check it out.

madcapmag

imported post

curtm1911... when do you usually go to SGC? I"m there Sunday from noon on. Noon - 2, i'm on VRSO duty, but after, I do my own shooting. Cool place, especially in the summer with the A/C....