• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to AZ How many ppl in Phoenix OC?

protector84

imported post

Mill Ave. goes directly by ASU and University Dr. actually cuts through the University. I've posted my thoughts on the school carry bans before but can reiterate them here. For the most part the ban on weapons at Universities is a violation of state preemption and an arrest by the university police could be grounds for a lawsuit. There is a loophole in the state law that allows universities to ban firearms and other weapons on the school property and in buildings and if there is no signage the most that can be done is ask you to leave school property. Where they seem to take it too far is to try to say you can't have a gun in your vehicle (while on school property) or while on a public street that goes through or by the university. I'm tempted to actually open carry down University Dr. in Phoenix or Speedway Blvd. in Tucson during peak student time deliberately just to see what happens and I'm not afraid to sue the hell out of them or take it all the way to the state Supreme court. They cannot prohibit firearms on any public street period. Even harrassment by the cops is grounds for a lawsuit. Universities are unfortunately another form of big (liberal) government where you are not a ciziten but a subject. Come to think of it I actually did OC one time at the McDonald's on Speedway right by the University and I did get a few stares but no trouble. Don't think I wouldn't have given the police a major attitude either because McDonald's is private property regardless of whether it is on the campus area or not.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

'Figured it'd be a 'school' somethin'... For all their espousal of 'diversity' acceptance and encouragement... That only applies to what liberal agendas they agree with. I don't have the need to transit that area at all... so it doesn't affect my OC.

kenpoprofessor

imported post

I OC pretty much everywhere, in fact, I just got back from the Fry's on Bell near the 51Fwy. Most don't even give me a second look, haven't had any negative comments about it either. What comments I do get are generally geared to what it is I'm carrying at the time (99% of the time it's a Glock, models vary LOL).

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

Beautiful day in Mesa!

mesa.jpg

ChpprPilot136

imported post

curtm1911,
Hey talked to the owner of the aircraft finally and unfortunately due to insurance reasons, we don't do rides. But I still plan on heading up to SGC soon as i get a day off! lol