Thread: Washington DOL training for firearms dealers PDF

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

DOL training for firearms dealers. http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firearms/fdltraining.pdf

This information seems pertinent to open carry or anyone else who might purchase a firearm in Washington. It appears the DOL does keep a record of firearms purchases. Handguns at least. Also this training PDF indicates that long guns can only be sold by firearms dealers. I think they are probably referring to businesses but I couldn't find anything in the RCW addressing private sales.It also says pistol transfer forms can only be obtained by dealers.

Post imported post

In WA you can perform private-party transactions of both handguns and long-arms without any paperwork, CPL's, or FFL's required, provided you have no reason to suspect that the person you are selling or giving a firearm to is ineligible to own a firearm.

You should probably verify that they're a WA resident if it's a handgun though.

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    shad0wfax wrote:
    You should probably verify that they're a WA resident if it's a handgun though.
    Just curious, why would you limit that suggestion to handguns?
    Because it is against federal law to buy a handgun in a state where you are not a resident, while there are exceptions and allowance for a out-of-state resident to buy a long-gun (with certain requirements)

State Researcher

Post imported post

There are no federal laws that I am aware of prohibiting face to face sales to qualified buyers.