• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington DOL training for firearms dealers PDF

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DOL training for firearms dealers. http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firearms/fdltraining.pdf

This information seems pertinent to open carry or anyone else who might purchase a firearm in Washington. It appears the DOL does keep a record of firearms purchases. Handguns at least. Also this training PDF indicates that long guns can only be sold by firearms dealers. I think they are probably referring to businesses but I couldn't find anything in the RCW addressing private sales.It also says pistol transfer forms can only be obtained by dealers.

shad0wfax

imported post

In WA you can perform private-party transactions of both handguns and long-arms without any paperwork, CPL's, or FFL's required, provided you have no reason to suspect that the person you are selling or giving a firearm to is ineligible to own a firearm.

You should probably verify that they're a WA resident if it's a handgun though.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

NavyLT wrote:
shad0wfax wrote:
You should probably verify that they're a WA resident if it's a handgun though.
Just curious, why would you limit that suggestion to handguns?
Because it is against federal law to buy a handgun in a state where you are not a resident, while there are exceptions and allowance for a out-of-state resident to buy a long-gun (with certain requirements)