• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GOTTA SEE THIS!

SpringerXDacp

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-128651.html

SNIP"I reccomend against open carry in Michigan. We don't really have a "tradition" of open carry here in Michigan and you are very likely to be arrested, or at a minimum harrassed, by local LEO's. You could be charged with a variety of offenses, ranging from "brandishing" to "disturbing the peace." Yes, you may win in court, but do you really want to go to court over the issue. And, if you lose, the penalties could be severe, depending on the exact charge. At the very least, you'd likely run up some serious legal fees fighting the charges and probably get your pistol confiscated and not returned.

The exception would be open carry while hunting, which is generally accepted, and in some more of the rural areas of the state where guns are more a part of every day life. But, if you want to see the inside of a jail cell, I can think of no quicker way then open carry in say, Ann Arbor."

The exception would be open carry while hunting, which is generally accepted, and in some more of the rural areas of the state where guns are more a part of every day life. But, if you want to see the inside of a jail cell, I can think of no quicker way then open carry in say, Ann Arbor. __________________
SNIP

Conserative, I was the first member here at OCDO in the Michigan sub-forum and I can tell you, as much as we can laugh about this now, 3-4 years ago this was pretty much the norm. Meaning, this was/is the typical information on OC past along on many gun boards and even in CPL classes. But yeah, I read through all that thread and found it to be pretty amazing-along with the OC thread in the General Gun Discussion. :lol:

ghostrider

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
conservative85 wrote:
http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-128651.html

SNIP"I reccomend against open carry in Michigan. We don't really have a "tradition" of open carry here in Michigan and you are very likely to be arrested, or at a minimum harrassed, by local LEO's. You could be charged with a variety of offenses, ranging from "brandishing" to "disturbing the peace." Yes, you may win in court, but do you really want to go to court over the issue. And, if you lose, the penalties could be severe, depending on the exact charge. At the very least, you'd likely run up some serious legal fees fighting the charges and probably get your pistol confiscated and not returned.

The exception would be open carry while hunting, which is generally accepted, and in some more of the rural areas of the state where guns are more a part of every day life. But, if you want to see the inside of a jail cell, I can think of no quicker way then open carry in say, Ann Arbor."

The exception would be open carry while hunting, which is generally accepted, and in some more of the rural areas of the state where guns are more a part of every day life. But, if you want to see the inside of a jail cell, I can think of no quicker way then open carry in say, Ann Arbor. __________________
SNIP

Conserative, I was the first member here at OCDO in the Michigan sub-forum and I can tell you, as much as we can laugh about this now, 3-4 years ago this was pretty much the norm. Meaning, this was/is the typical information on OC past along on many gun boards and even in CPL classes. But yeah, I read through all that thread and found it to be pretty amazing-along with the OC thread in the General Gun Discussion. :lol:
SpringerXDacp speaks the truth. There are a lot of OCDO members on THR, and even more OC supporters. As THR is not OC specific, it's going to have opinions from both sides. Going onto a forum and digging up old, out-dated, threads just to criticize the prvious posts just comes accross as trolling.

conservative85

imported post

I didn't go to their forum looking to dig up dirt, I did a google search "opencarry" and that linkcomes up as thethird link on the page in the search.It caught my eye. I did not post on their forum, it is like 3 yrs. old, I just took a piece of idiotic rhetoric by a person who posted as an NRA certified instructor. Thought it a good example of ignorance, let alone just funny.

Thou I have thought of living under a bridge a time or two.:celebrate

Hcidem

imported post

ghostrider wrote:
...Going onto a forum and digging up old, out-dated, threads just to criticize the prvious posts just comes accross as trolling.

I know this is something I have to periodically guard against. Sometimes after a long bout over an issue, I'm so fired up that I go looking for more oppositional material on which I can make a counterpoint.

There are quite a few times, I've hit the backspace key or back page button after I've written half a page. That's when I need to give my computer a little break. ;)

ghostrider

imported post

Hcidem wrote:
ghostrider wrote:
...Going onto a forum and digging up old, out-dated, threads just to criticize the prvious posts just comes accross as trolling.

I know this is something I have to periodically guard against. Sometimes after a long bout over an issue, I'm so fired up that I go looking for more oppositional material on which I can make a counterpoint.

There are quite a few times, I've hit the backspace key or back page button after I've written half a page. That's when I need to give my computer a little break. ;)
Exactly, and when the thread is three years dead, that's how it comes accross.

Conservative, I'm not saying it's you who posted there, but just talking about the people who did.

Tao

imported post

As an aside, I want to make sure everyone understands that thehighroad.ORG was hijacked, and the proper owner has moved to thehighroad.US until the original domain is returned via a lawsuit that is working through the courts right now.

Until further notice, don't patronize the .org domain, and go to the .us domain.