• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unable to find walther p22??

CRF250rider1000

imported post

I have been trying for the last month to find a Walther p22 on Glocktalk, thefiringline, and vaguntrader but nothing has come through. What other sources are there? I have been trying so hard to find one because I go through so many rounds per week that I really need a .22 to keep the cost down:lol:

Thanks for all the help!

ClumsyCandy

imported post

Hey my best friend got his at a gun show in Richmond. You can also try Gander Mountain or cheaperthandirt.com has an online trading forum kinda like ebay for guns. Another option would be to find a local gun dealer and order it through him or her, just make sure they are reputable. : ) Good luck and happy hunting!

CRF250rider1000

imported post

ClumsyCandy wrote:
Check the phone book for local dealers. Or if you've been to a gun show recently, do you remember any of the dealers there? Try contacting them.
I can not go through an FFL because I am not 21 yet. Federal law states that I must be 21 to purchase from an FFL so I am SOL on any dealer. It must be a private sale so it has proven very hard for me to find one so far.:cry:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

News flash - Anybody with 1 post and 4 "Mana" on Va. Gun Trader doesn't pass muster - LittleLebowski want to explain?

Think maybe we got a critter in the yard boys.

Yata hey

Marco

imported post

Why not buy a .22 kit for your Glock?

Ciener and Advantage Arms make them.
I have kits from both companies for (various guns) and they both work fine.
NSL stated in another thread he had problems with a AA kit for his G26/27.

Edit.
to fix typo's& clarify

jegoodin

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
Why not buy a .22 kit for your Glock?

Ciener and Advantadge Arms make them.
I have a kits from both companys for (various guns) and they both work fine, NSL stated in another thread he had problems with a AA kit for his G26/27.

I have the AA kit for my G26/G27 (I have both too)and it works fine. It is picky about ammo. The Federal 550 bulk pack available from Walmart works well. They are susceptible to "limp wristing" though. You have to have a firm grip and keep your wrist straight or you will likely get a failure to feed.

Remember, rimfire .22lr rounds are not going to be as reliable as 9mm or .40 centerfire. I tend to get a few duds out of each box of the .22lr.

*Fixed typo

GWRedDragon

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
News flash - Anybody with 1 post and 4 "Mana" on Va. Gun Trader doesn't pass muster - LittleLebowski want to explain?

Yata hey
Mana???

I have no problems with the AA G26 kit. It works great for me. You just have to follow their ammo requirements, so buy the 550pk of "golden bullets" at Walmart.

VaGunTrader

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

4 mana?

actually he has "no" mana.

they will be green if he has any

CRF250rider1000

imported post

The reason I wanted the p22 is that it is pretty much the same price as the AA kit and is a complete pistol. I think it would just be easier to have another pistol and not have to deal with the conversion kit. If I can't find a p22 soon though I may have to order one because I am going through rounds fast now! Plus I would rather put all the wear and tear on a p22 instead of my carry pistol.:lol:

Marco

imported post

Wanting another gun is reason enough.
The Kit offers at least one advantage you get to practice w/ the gun you carry.

Good luck shopping.

Marco