• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bystander saves cop with gunfire - gets sued.

CaptainDan

imported post

Well said

Agreed "those types" are present in every race however, how many of them are so great in numbers they have their ownleaders (Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, etc.) and have created laws to benefit only them? Or speak on behalf of our Nation in other countries? Personaly antything Jesse Jackson has to say on my behalf, he can keep to himself.

I'll give you one thing, you are most certainly correct. Worthless people can be found in every color and creed.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
I have, indeed, lived too long. What kind of country are we leaving to our grandchildren?
What are you going to do about it?

Doing nothing is what got us here.... Shackling the future generations with the consequences of today, is, well, what we call normal and pretend isn't so....

jrwalker

imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
ixtow wrote:
SFCRetired wrote:
I have, indeed, lived too long. What kind of country are we leaving to our grandchildren?

Doing nothing is what got us here.... Shackling the future generations with the consequences of today, is, well, what we call normal and pretend isn't so....

I do what little I can; write my legislators, vote, be as active as I am able in the political arena.

And just what do you do?

I am of the younger generation (I'm 21) and I realize that doing nothing is what has gotten this country into this mess. I think I speak for, sadly, only a bitof my generation when I say we're not looking for the older generations to fix it for us.I am willing to do what it takes to make things right as well and I make a valiant attempt EVERY DAY to educate my peers on the realities of this country and to NOT be affraid of government (with little avail so far I might add).

As bad as this country has gotten, it is going to take AT LEAST the rest of my lifetime before it is even close to fixed. What really needs to happen is most of the politicians that are active at this time need to be fired. They are not and have not been doing their job and need to step down.

The biggest problem I see is that most people are affraid of the government and don't realize that THE CITIZENS OWN THE GOVERNMENT, NOT the other way around. And this falsity is just perpetuating the idea that government has some sort of power over the people; the more we let legislators run free, the worse it is going to get and the more force it is going to take to fix things.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

jrwalker wrote:
SFCRetired wrote:
ixtow wrote:
SFCRetired wrote:

I do what little I can; write my legislators, vote, be as active as I am able in the political arena.

And just what do you do?

I am of the younger generation (I'm 21) and I realize that doing nothing is what has gotten this country into this mess. I think I speak for, sadly, only a bitof my generation when I say we're not looking for the older generations to fix it for us.I am willing to do what it takes to make things right as well and I make a valiant attempt EVERY DAY to educate my peers on the realities of this country and to NOT be affraid of government (with little avail so far I might add).

As bad as this country has gotten, it is going to take AT LEAST the rest of my lifetime before it is even close to fixed. What really needs to happen is most of the politicians that are active at this time need to be fired. They are not and have not been doing their job and need to step down.

The biggest problem I see is that most people are affraid of the government and don't realize that THE CITIZENS OWN THE GOVERNMENT, NOT the other way around. And this falsity is just perpetuating the idea that government has some sort of power over the people; the more we let legislators run free, the worse it is going to get and the more force it is going to take to fix things.
I believe we have crossed the event horizon. The most effectual way to make it better is to accelerate it towards the inevitable and get it over with asap.

buster81

imported post

State Sen. Sharon Weston Broome, D-Baton Rouge, said she is considering filing legislation that would make it harder to use deadly force in self-defense or defense of others.

Currently, Louisiana allows the use of deadly force in self-defense or defense of others to "prevent a violent or forcible felony involving danger to life or great bodily harm."

Broome said she doesn't want to take guns away from citizens but make it harder to use those guns by law.

This is nice!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

buster81 wrote:
State Sen. Sharon Weston Broome, D-Baton Rouge, said she is considering filing legislation that would make it harder to use deadly force in self-defense or defense of others.

Currently, Louisiana allows the use of deadly force in self-defense or defense of others to "prevent a violent or forcible felony involving danger to life or great bodily harm."

Broome said she doesn't want to take guns away from citizens but make it harder to use those guns by law.

This is nice!
How does this make any sense?

Oh, yeah... a Democrat.... They think that it's better to let the bad guys kill whoever they want to.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
Nozoki wrote:
No info on a civil suit I could find, but this gem of a website is pretty upset that he was cleared of any criminal charges.

http://weallbe.blogspot.com/2008/09/no-justice-for-slain-black-motoristcop.html

Warning: Turn your speakers down because some audio plays automatically.

The warning should be about possible nausea incurred by reading the garbage on that website.

Why is it that so many young black (and white) men have it in their heads that the laws do not apply to them. And, that if they break the law, they should not be punished?
When guns are outlawed, will you get rid of yours?

Murder, Theft, etc, these are things we can all agree are morally incorrect, and we support that law. But when the law attempts to define morality (backwards), I'll gladly be breaking those laws.

And what will those who haven't the spine say of me then? "I broke the law and go what I deserved."

You don't seem to realize that you are being conditioned to think that pattern of thought. The Media is not dumb. They know this story, just like anti-gun stories, are a load of crap. But it sets you in a pattern.

When have you read something like this and decided to look into it further?

No judgment on THIS incident, but what about all of us "domestic terrorists?" Who will bother to understand when we start getting knocked off?

buster81

imported post

ixtow wrote:
SFCRetired wrote:
Nozoki wrote:
No info on a civil suit I could find, but this gem of a website is pretty upset that he was cleared of any criminal charges.

The warning should be about possible nausea incurred by reading the garbage on that website.

Why is it that so many young black (and white) men have it in their heads that the laws do not apply to them. And, that if they break the law, they should not be punished?

Murder, Theft, etc, these are things we can all agree are morally incorrect, and we support that law. But when the law attempts to define morality (backwards), I'll gladly be breaking those laws.

And what will those who haven't the spine say of me then? "I broke the law and go what I deserved."

You don't seem to realize that you are being conditioned to think that pattern of thought. The Media is not dumb. They know this story, just like anti-gun stories, are a load of crap. But it sets you in a pattern.

No judgment on THIS incident, but what about all of us "domestic terrorists?" Who will bother to understand when we start getting knocked off?

I've been out in the sun quite a bit today so I'm having trouble connecting the dots here. IIRC, the individual in question choose to get into the middle of a funeral procession. When pulled over he didn't think he deserved a ticket, so he choose to attempt to beat the officer to death.

Regardless of whether someone thinks that it should or should not be against the law to interfere with a funeral, I don't think it will ever be thought of as proper to beat another person to death, over a traffic ticket. Shouldn't we be on the side of the person that saved the police officer's life, or am I missing something?

I've got to agree with SFCRetired here. It's hard to tolerate the family of a criminal who wants to sue someone because of choices their violent family member made. I hope I'm remembering details of this properly and didn't really miss something.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ixtow wrote:
SFCRetired wrote:
Nozoki wrote:

Why is it that so many young black (and white) men have it in their heads that the laws do not apply to them.  And, that if they break the law, they should not be punished?

Murder, Theft, etc, these are things we can all agree are morally incorrect, and we support that law.  But when the law attempts to define morality (backwards), I'll gladly be breaking those laws.

And what will those who haven't the spine say of me then?  "I broke the law and go what I deserved."

You don't seem to realize that you are being conditioned to think that pattern of thought.  The Media is not dumb.  They know this story, just like anti-gun stories, are a load of crap.  But it sets you in a pattern.

No judgment on THIS incident, but what about all of us "domestic terrorists?"  Who will bother to understand when we start getting knocked off?

TriCityOC

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
The fact that Perry Stephens can even be sued makes me sick. This country is f*cked.
He should have moved to Washington, we have a law that indemnifies citizens who come to the aid of LEO. So here, he couldn't be sued.

zack991

imported post

" my baby didn't do nothing" He was the real victim him, he was just fighting back from the evil police holding him down."

People who will make arguments about their kids being the most gentle human being even after their son hacked 10 peoples heads off for example make me sick. And to think people say there is no entitlement problem in this country, I truly hope karma catches up to this disgusting excuse for a mother much less a human. I could rant on and on about people like her who have this mindset. I can only wish the worst for her and let the world rid ourselves of scum like her and her son.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

zack991 wrote:
" my baby didn't do nothing" He was the real victim him, he was just fighting back from the evil police holding him down."

People who will make arguments about their kids being the most gentle human being even after their son hacked 10 peoples heads off for example make me sick. And to think people say there is no entitlement problem in this country, I truly hope karma catches up to this disgusting excuse for a mother much less a human. I could rant on and on about people like her who have this mindset. I can only wish the worst for her and let the world rid ourselves of scum like her and her son.
My usual course of action is to invest in Greyhound stock, and pray that her idiocy extends to not looking both ways before crossing the street. ;-)

MetalChris

imported post

TriCityOC wrote:
MetalChris wrote:
The fact that Perry Stephens can even be sued makes me sick. This country is f*cked.
He should have moved to Washington, we have a law that indemnifies citizens who come to the aid of LEO. So here, he couldn't be sued.
Washington my home! I'm originally from Renton, and say what you will about our liberal state, but we have some of the best gun and self defense laws in the nation.