• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The gun nation vs the anti's

Bullbuster

imported post

Morgan Spurlock is a documentary film maker andhost of the FX TV show 30 Days, in which he takes people of opposite sides of the fence on issues and puts them together so each side sees the others point of view.

I ran across this particular video on HULU.com. Its of a woman who is anti gun who agrees to spend 30 daysin the home of a father and his 15 year old son who are gun owners and gun nuts really. This video does a great job of showing all aspects from both sides of the gun debate. It makes gun owners out to be the good guys and not the bad guys the anti's make us out to be. The topics of the RTKABA, concealed carry, open carry, gun show loop hole, gun bans, gun control (both law and weapon handling), and self defence are all covered in the video. While it is long at 45 minutes it is a good watch. I have seen it several times now and I was really ticked the first time I saw it. But it did open my eyes to allot of things I was against and how the anti's view us as gun owners. It did make me step back and think about a few things.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/25712/30-days-gun-nation#s-p1-so-i0

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
But it did open my eyes to allot of things I was against and how the anti's view us as gun owners. It did make me step back and think about a few things.

I'm glad something is able to. If this cause is ever going to get anywhere significant it's going to require an understanding of the other side, not the current "**** those liberal commies!!" attitude. People in government may be wrongly intentioned and purposefully trying to disarm us, but the general population is simply misinformed or uninformed and need to be treated as such, not lumped in with the Nazis in Washington.

Gordie

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Bullbuster wrote:
But it did open my eyes to allot of things I was against and how the anti's view us as gun owners. It did make me step back and think about a few things.

People in government may be wrongly intentioned and purposefully trying to disarm us, but the general population is simply misinformed or uninformed and need to be treated as such, not lumped in with the Nazis in Washington.

For once I completely agree with you AWD.

I have found it funny how most antis react when I ask them to come to the range with me. Very few take me up on it, but they almost always become more open to what I have to say. Even if they can't be turned into a total "gun nut", just having one less opposed to our rights is still a good thing.

It is really cool when an anti does take you up on the offer. They almost always end up enjoying themselves. Showing an anti that mostgun owners are not"dumb rednecks" like they see on TV, is a good thing.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Bullbuster wrote:

I'm glad something is able to.  If this cause is ever going to get anywhere significant it's going to require an understanding of the other side, not the current "@#$% those liberal commies!!" attitude.  People in government may be wrongly intentioned and purposefully trying to disarm us, but the general population is simply misinformed or uninformed and need to be treated as such, not lumped in with the Nazis in Washington.
+100

Part of the reason I always urge people to argue the point independent of other issues, especially those ties to partisan politics.

Brimstone

imported post

I love the irony in the fact that the girl in the video had a friend that was killed by someone with a gun and still asks "What do you need guns for protection from?".

PaulBlart

Banned
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
PaulBlart wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
PaulBlart wrote:
this video has been posted about 100 times
I'll be going to see your movie in about two hours. I can't wait to see you in action, hero.
How did i do.

I deserve a raise

It was actually one of the better movies I've seen recently. You did great. We salute you, hero.
I'm glad you liked it. I'm glad my blood, sweat, and tears was worth it for you.

I'm going to go watch myself when i get back from business trip. (we're getting trained on how to shoot a suspect and claim you thought it was your tazer)

they say i'm a natural

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

PaulBlart wrote:
I'm glad you liked it. I'm glad my blood, sweat, and tears was worth it for you.

I'm going to go watch myself when i get back from business trip. (we're getting trained on how to shoot a suspect and claim you thought it was your tazer)

they say i'm a natural

LOL

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

PaulBlart wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
It was actually one of the better movies I've seen recently.  You did great.  We salute you, hero.

they say i'm a natural
Bwaaahahahahahahaha lolol!

Oh man, I just about lost it!

:lol: :lol: