• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Car shopping= negative OC experience.

chrisco455

imported post

Hey guys. This is one of my first posts, and one of my first negative experiences carrying in the fairfax area.Anyway, I was open carrying my PT1911 like always and I was looking for some farely new used cars.I went to ourisman fairfax toyota on lee highway. Saw a nice c 230 benz that was in my price range with 22k miles on it. I was first meet with a warm welcome by a gentlemen named lance and he joked about me bringing a gun to negotiate a better deal. All in good fun. So I went on to test drive and said that I would come back the next day to talk about financing.

So the next day roles around and I walk into the store. Lance immediately looks at me and says"that thing has to be left in ur car" pointing to the 1911 on my side. I immediately said, "is that company policy" he said yes. (There are no signs anywhere). I was in a hurry and just wanted to get the financing numbers, so I complied.

A couple of days later I went to another dealership down the street called "EEE auto" and found the exact same car, year, and similiar mileage. On top of that, it is owned by 2 brothers. Both of them saw my piece and asked what kind it was. We then had a good chat about the vcdl and the new glock22 that one of them was picking up later that same day. They were very gun freindly and nra/vcdl members.

All in all, I think my car purchase will be going to the guys that support a victims ability to defend ones self. I have been real busy and haven't been able to confirm toyotas policy or that individual policy at ourisman motors in fairfax. Though the number to ourisman motors is 703 359 1010. You can ask for lance if u would like.

KnightSG7

imported post

Thats strange, a buddy of mine OC'd for about 4 hours (he bought it anddid all of the paperwork) at that same place about three months ago to buy a new car, and not a word was said...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Once the deal is done with the friendly brothers, I'd make a copy of the bill of sale, magic-marker over theprices (unless higher), copy it again soyou can't read the prices through the magic-marker,and send it to Ourisman with a note telling them why I bought my car at the other place.

With a copy also to Lance. I wouldnot target Lance in the note.

As the salesman, Lance would lose a commission. He can express his disappointment to the policy-makers. If he is a high-producer type salesman, his input will carry some weight.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
Sounds like the salesman didn't have any problem with it on the first day...why the change on the second?
Two things come to my mind:

1. The likelihood of a sale is dramatically lower once a customer leaves your dealership (at least that's what I've heard).

2. Lance spoke with management, or management spoke with him after observing the previous day.

hsmith

imported post

Agree with Citizen

They want our dollars? They respect our rights.

End of story. Hit them where it hurts. If they can turn people away in this economy, more power to them.

TFred

imported post

I am especially fond of a suggestion I read a while back which is to include a note which says something to the effect of:

"If you don't respect my basic Constitutionally guaranteed rights as a citizen, how in the world am I supposed to believe you will honor your word to me as a customer?"

TFred

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've OCed at Acura and Honda dealerships for service etc. with never a complaint made.

If they don't want your business, don't give it to them. Part of running a business is welcoming your customers. :quirky

mobeewan

imported post

Personnaly if it was me I would drive my newly purchased used car over to the gun unfriendly dealer and make sure they knew I bought it from someone else that was gun friendly. I would even tell them it cost a little more but I didn't have to put up with any crap. I would also tell them it was their loss and to have a nice day:D.

USDM

imported post

chrisco455 wrote:
Hey guys. This is one of my first posts, and one of my first negative experiences carrying in the fairfax area.Anyway, I was open carrying my PT1911 like always and I was looking for some farely new used cars.I went to ourisman fairfax toyota on lee highway. Saw a nice c 230 benz that was in my price range with 22k miles on it. I was first meet with a warm welcome by a gentlemen named lance and he joked about me bringing a gun to negotiate a better deal. All in good fun. So I went on to test drive and said that I would come back the next day to talk about financing.

So the next day roles around and I walk into the store. Lance immediately looks at me and says"that thing has to be left in ur car" pointing to the 1911 on my side. I immediately said, "is that company policy" he said yes. (There are no signs anywhere). I was in a hurry and just wanted to get the financing numbers, so I complied.

A couple of days later I went to another dealership down the street called "EEE auto" and found the exact same car, year, and similiar mileage. On top of that, it is owned by 2 brothers. Both of them saw my piece and asked what kind it was. We then had a good chat about the vcdl and the new glock22 that one of them was picking up later that same day. They were very gun freindly and nra/vcdl members.

All in all, I think my car purchase will be going to the guys that support a victims ability to defend ones self. I have been real busy and haven't been able to confirm toyotas policy or that individual policy at ourisman motors in fairfax. Though the number to ourisman motors is 703 359 1010. You can ask for lance if u would like.

Hey Guys and Gals!

This is Dave Kim at EEE of Fairfax. I don't usually frequent this board, but a friend linked this thread to me.

I can't speak for the company as a whole, but the boys at the Fairfax location are all avid 2nd Amendment supporters and always welcome gun owners with open arms. We are supporters of the NRA and we will all be VCDL members by the end of the month. Stop on by or check out our website, www.eeeautosales.com. Not an advertisement, just an introduction.

I remember Chrisco455, I asked him why he opened carried and he told me, that he lived in NY and now that he's in VA he can and will use his rights, he also mentioned that it was a chance to educate people on the 2nd Amendment. Great answer! My kinda guy.

Unfortunately, we couldn't make a deal. I'm sure he found what he wanted and someone else has bought the car he was looking at. Worked out at the end and we made a new friend.

hsmith

imported post

USDM wrote:
chrisco455 wrote:

Hey Guys and Gals!

This is Dave Kim at EEE of Fairfax. I don't usually frequent this board, but a friend linked this thread to me.

I can't speak for the company as a whole, but the boys at the Fairfax location are all avid 2nd Amendment supporters and always welcome gun owners with open arms. We are supporters of the NRA and we will all be VCDL members by the end of the month. Stop on by or check out our website, http://www.eeeautosales.com. Not an advertisement, just an introduction.

I remember Chrisco455, I asked him why he opened carried and he told me, that he lived in NY and now that he's in VA he can and will use his rights, he also mentioned that it was a chance to educate people on the 2nd Amendment. Great answer! My kinda guy.

Unfortunately, we couldn't make a deal. I'm sure he found what he wanted and someone else has bought the car he was looking at. Worked out at the end and we made a new friend.
Welcome aboard and thanks for publicallysupporting those who carry!