• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cochise County man kills two and a dog

usdm419

imported post

There are so many factors left out of that article. Why did he shoot the 2nd guy? Was he threatening too? It said only one 2x4 was brought over. Did he really need to shoot the dog? Pulling out your gun on ANYTHING should really be a last resort, and I doubt he absolutely needed to shoot the dog. Seems to me calling animal control/cops probably would've solved the problem.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I dunno where you're from, but the 'animal control' part indicates it's NOT rural Arizona. LOL!

usdm419

imported post

Sorry, new to these parts. I live in Chandler. I have no clue where Elfrida is. So is calling the cops about the dog not an option either?

Armed4Life

imported post

Not clear cut by any means. I'm sure the prosecutor will argue that he initiated the confrontation by threatening to....then actually shooting the dog. Doesn't mention what kind of dog. Chihuahua and he's toast. Pit bull, german shepard, rottie and he may have a shot. Absent the threat, he would have a much better chance.

A4L

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Elfrida's a little bump in the road in the desert... on RT 191 north of Douglas.

The coverage on this event is TERRIBLE... no actual details at all.