Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: Police: homeowner shot burglar

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Manassas, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    399

    Post imported post

    http://www.insidenova.com/isn/news/l...burglar/27878/

    Staff
    Published: January 14, 2009

    Police are reporting a homeowner shot a burglar in Triangle this morning.
    The incident happened on Dondis Creek Way off Fuller Heights Road at about 10:30 a.m.

    The injured person was flown to an area hospital with serious injuries.
    Detectives are on the scene and we will bring you more details as we get them.

    Edit - The article is updated.


    Three men chose the wrong house to try to break into this morning.

    The men tried to break in to a home on Dondis Creek Drive in Triangle about 10 a.m., but they were stopped by one of the home’s owners.

    Police say the homeowner, a working mother home sick, grabbed her handgun and greeted the men, who were trying to get into her basement.

    The men fled after seeing the woman. But one burglar returned to the house, and the homeowner shot him in the chest.

    He was flown to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries, police say.

    Police picked up a second man a few blocks away from the house. The third man is still at large.

    The woman suffered no injuries. Police are currently investigating the crime.


    (Edited for spacing and new article)

  2. #2
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    outstanding!
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Dumfries, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    243

    Post imported post

    Would be nice if PWC passed an ordinance requiring all households to be armed.

    Isn't this the 3rd defensive shooting in Triangle in 2 months?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Manassas, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    399

    Post imported post

    I believe so...

  5. #5
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    isnt there a town in Georgia that requires every homeowner to own a firearm?
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Manassas, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    399

    Post imported post

    Yeah but it isn't enforced, but the crime rate is very low.

    Kennesaw, Ga enacted the requirement in March 1982.

    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=55288

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    199

    Post imported post

    Good for her for protecting herself and her family.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    418

    Post imported post

    Kudo's to her!! I am amazed however, at the stupidity of the jerk who returned to the house directly after being chased off once by the armed homeowner. What the hell did he think was going to happen? He deserved what he got!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Dumfries, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    243

    Post imported post

    When it's three against one the only thing that can equalize the fight is a handgun. Good on her.

    Just watched FoxNews and they reported on the story. What grated me was that they made it a point to say that she showed police her ownership papers for the pistol as if suddenly she was the criminal.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    383

    Post imported post

    An all around great story. One can't be very smart and a criminal.

  11. #11
    Regular Member razor_baghdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    CONUS ~for now~
    Posts
    279

    Post imported post

    Awesome story!!



  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia USA, ,
    Posts
    1,688

    Post imported post

    I've gassed up at that Exxon near the front gate for Quantico, gone around back to fill my tires and have seen people doing drugs back there :?


  13. #13
    Regular Member ChinChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Loudoun County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    683

    Post imported post

    Just saw the 10PM story on Fox5.

    Story was good and the media was shockingly unbiased.

    The one thing that struck me as odd was the mention of "checking the paperwork on the woman's handgun" to ensure proper ownership.

    There is no law I know of to retain bill of sale for a firearm and the BATF forms are supposed to be destroyed (or so i have been led to believe)
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, VA, ,
    Posts
    689

    Post imported post

    ChinChin wrote:
    Just saw the 10PM story on Fox5.

    Story was good and the media was shockingly unbiased.

    The one thing that struck me as odd was the mention of "checking the paperwork on the woman's handgun" to ensure proper ownership.

    There is no law I know of to retain bill of sale for a firearm and the BATF forms are supposed to be destroyed (or so i have been led to believe)
    I saw that ChinChin and thought the same thing.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Near The Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    454

    Post imported post

    xd.40 wrote:
    http://www.insidenova.com/isn/news/l...burglar/27878/
    Police say the homeowner, a working mother home sick, grabbed her handgun and greeted the men, who were trying to get into her basement.

    The men fled after seeing the woman. But one burglar returned to the house, and the homeowner shot him in the chest.

    (Edited for spacing and new article)
    The burger knew she had a gun and returned? He could not be that stupid could he?

  16. #16
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,848

    Post imported post

    Xeni wrote:
    What grated me was that they made it a point to say that she showed police her ownership papers for the pistol as if suddenly she was the criminal.
    I had the exact same thought. They prolly asked her for her "gun permit" too.
    Carry On.

    Ed

    VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

  17. #17
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Stafford, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    341

    Post imported post

    Xeni wrote:
    When it's three against one the only thing that can equalize the fight is a handgun. Good on her.

    Just watched FoxNews and they reported on the story. What grated me was that they made it a point to say that she showed police her ownership papers for the pistol as if suddenly she was the criminal.
    "ownership papers" we don't need no stinking ownership papers, we have ze pistols.

    But seriously... was it a bill of sale or something? there are no "ownership papers" required in VA.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Neplusultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Christiansburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,228

    Post imported post

    DonTreadOnMe wrote:
    xd.40 wrote:
    http://www.insidenova.com/isn/news/l...burglar/27878/
    Police say the homeowner, a working mother home sick, grabbed her handgun and greeted the men, who were trying to get into her basement.

    The men fled after seeing the woman. But one burglar returned to the house, and the homeowner shot him in the chest.

    (Edited for spacing and new article)
    The burger knew she had a gun and returned? He could not be that stupid could he?
    Dood!!! Haven't you seen Clint Eastwood in "Josie Wales"??? Remember the scene where the LEO officer comes into the saloon and confronts Josie? The LEO knows who he's talking to but is convinced to leave without making an arrest. But soon afterward he comes back out of pride and Josie lets him know he's going to die and the LEO acknowledges this, and does die in the following firefight.

    DooD, you gotta do what you gotta do, if you're a "real" man. And you certainly can't allow a "woman" to chase you off, even if she does have a gun. It's a macho thing.

    Edit: For quotes on a "real" man. AKA, "macho" man.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greene County
    Posts
    3,844

    Post imported post

    Glad the homeowner was able to fend off those criminals.
    [line]
    Neplusultra wrote: snip
    Dood!!! Haven't you seen Clint Eastwood in "Josie Wales"??? Remember the scene where the LEO officer comes into the saloon and confronts Josie?
    WTF!!!
    LEO in JosieWales????
    The guy was a bounty hunter(an extremely stupid one).
    LEO = Law Enforecement Officer

    Writing officerwhen you write LEOisn't necessary.:P

    If you read the biographies and auto biographiesof some of the popularSheriffs/Deputies and Judges of the late 19th and early 20th century you'd know they weren't much better than the people they jailed, hung and or shot.

    edit: typo's
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.


    ~Alan Korwin

  20. #20
    Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,315

    Post imported post

    DonTreadOnMe wrote:
    ...SNIP
    The burger knew she had a gun and returned? He could not be that stupid could he?
    NASA is not hiring right now.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

  21. #21
    Regular Member Neplusultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Christiansburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,228

    Post imported post

    Agent19 wrote:
    Glad the homeowner was able to fend off those criminals.
    [line]
    Neplusultra wrote: snip
    Dood!!! Haven't you seen Clint Eastwood in "Josie Wales"??? Remember the scene where the LEO officer comes into the saloon and confronts Josie?
    WTF!!!
    LEO in JosieWales????
    The guy was a bounty hunter(an extremely stupid one).
    Ha! You might be right. Been awhile since I saw the movie. I thought I remembered the guy being a Texas Ranger or something. Of course the point being he couldn't allow himself to be shown down by someone, and I suppose in our case especially a woman.

  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    Col Colt (and his ilk) still making good people equal to the bad ones after all these years. Glad she was able and willing to defend her home and her person.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Manassas, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    399

    Post imported post

    I know a Vol. FireFighter that heard from someone on scene (I know, hearsay) that she used a .357 Mag.

  24. #24
    Regular Member TexasNative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    856

    Post imported post

    Neplusultra wrote:
    I thought I remembered the guy being a Texas Ranger or something.
    Ahem.

    Not even Josey Wales could have withstood a Texas Ranger. As the saying goes, "One riot, one Ranger."

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia USA, ,
    Posts
    1,688

    Post imported post

    ed wrote:
    Xeni wrote:
    What grated me was that they made it a point to say that she showed police her ownership papers for the pistol as if suddenly she was the criminal.
    I had the exact same thought. They prolly asked her for her "gun permit" too.
    hell i couldn't find the receipts for my gun if i tried

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •