• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police: homeowner shot burglar

Neplusultra

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
Glad the homeowner was able to fend off those criminals.
[line]
Neplusultra wrote: snip
Dood!!! Haven't you seen Clint Eastwood in "Josie Wales"??? Remember the scene where the LEO officer comes into the saloon and confronts Josie?
WTF!!!
LEO in JosieWales????
The guy was a bounty hunter(an extremely stupid one).:lol:
Ha! You might be right. Been awhile since I saw the movie. I thought I remembered the guy being a Texas Ranger or something. Of course the point being he couldn't allow himself to be shown down by someone, and I suppose in our case especially a woman.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Col Colt (and his ilk) still making good people equal to the bad ones after all these years. Glad she was able and willing to defend her home and her person.

TexasNative

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
I thought I remembered the guy being a Texas Ranger or something.
Ahem.

Not even Josey Wales could have withstood a Texas Ranger. As the saying goes, "One riot, one Ranger." :)

hsmith

imported post

ed wrote:
Xeni wrote:
What grated me was that they made it a point to say that she showed police her ownership papers for the pistol as if suddenly she was the criminal.
I had the exact same thought. They prolly asked her for her "gun permit" too.
hell i couldn't find the receipts for my gun if i tried :lol:

Tomahawk

imported post

My theory: Sounds to me like the morons were startled by the unexpected presence of somebody in the house and ran off, not knowing she was armed. Then one of them got the bright idea to come back and get a free rape out of it. Instead, he got what he deserved upside the chest. Just a guess.

And, oh, about Texas: when you get open carry there, then you can come sit at the grown-ups' table. Then maybe you, too, can have a flag featuring an armedhalf-naked chick standing over a dead bad guy.:celebrate

Sic Semper Tyrannis ;)

state-flag-virginia.jpg

rebfan

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
My theory: Sounds to me like the morons were startled by the unexpected presence of somebody in the house and ran off, not knowing she was armed. Then one of them got the bright idea to come back and get a free rape out of it. Instead, he got what he deserved upside the chest. Just a guess.

And, oh, about Texas: when you get open carry there, then you can come sit at the grown-ups' table. Then maybe you, too, can have a flag featuring an armedhalf-naked chick standing over a dead bad guy.:celebrate

Sic Semper Tyrannis ;)

state-flag-virginia.jpg

The result of the half naked "chick" on the Flag of the Commonwealth of Virginia is due to the Yankees. After the War Between the States, the Yankees decided to undress Virtue to force Virginia to always be subservient(showing of the breast)to the Federal Government. The staff also was turned upside down. Btw, before the war, the Flag had a white field, but it was changed to look more like the Bonnie Blue Flag.

The bad guy is a tyrant who was slain by Virtue. Fitting for this thread.

Sheriff

imported post

ChinChin wrote:
The one thing that struck me as odd was the mention of "checking the paperwork on the woman's handgun" to ensure proper ownership.
A lot of agencies take a cop who couldn't make it out on the street and "promote" them to department spokesperson. So what can you expect? This is often true in DARE and school resource officer promotions as well.

Neplusultra

imported post

rebfan wrote:
The result of the half naked "chick" on the Flag of the Commonwealth of Virginia is due to the Yankees. After the War Between the States, the Yankees decided to undress Virtue to force Virginia to always be subservient(showing of the breast)to the Federal Government. The staff also was turned upside down. Btw, before the war, the Flag had a white field, but it was changed to look more like the Bonnie Blue Flag.

Rebfan:

I've heard this story a number of times, where did you get it? Because it is in complete disagreement with what Wiki says about it. I haven't checked it out on VA's state site yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_of_virginia

Edit: In further research on the net the best I can determine is that the "Great Seal of Virginia" as you see it today (although the "official" and contemporary design was codified later), was adopted on July 5, 1776.

Neplusultra

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Another very plausible explanation, Tomahawk. But no matter, didn't he think she'd called the cops by then??? Stupid is as stupid does. Again, smart people get what they want through legitimate means, which leaves criminals as stupid by default.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Another very plausible explanation, Tomahawk. But no matter, didn't he think she'd called the cops by then??? Stupid is as stupid does. Again, smart people get what they want through legitimate means, which leaves criminals as stupid by default.
Tomahawk has a plausible theory, but yesterday the local papers said that the woman had an alarm that startled the BG. I am wondering if they might not have dropped something when they ran that they came back to get and that is when the BG got shot.

rebfan

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Do you think we'll ever progress past identifying people as "yankees" ? :)

No. My father was one, and I'm married to one. I still call her one, even though she was smart enough to move the South.

rebfan

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
rebfan wrote:

Rebfan:

I've heard this story a number of times, where did you get it? Because it is in complete disagreement with what Wiki says about it. I haven't checked it out on VA's state site yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_of_virginia

Edit: In further research on the net the best I can determine is that the "Great Seal of Virginia" as you see it today (although the "official" and contemporary design was codified later), was adopted on July 5, 1776.
I can't recall exactly where I heard this story, maybe from a fellow SCV member. I'll see what I can dig up.

Glock27Bill

imported post

What frightens me about this story is that it is one of many I have read where burglars have broken into occupied homes in broad daylight.

Yeh, it's another reason to carry at home, but what in the heck is going on???

These guys are getting very brazen, and that's NOT a good thing.

rebfan

imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
What frightens me about this story is that it is one of many I have read where burglars have broken into occupied homes in broad daylight.

Yeh, it's another reason to carry at home, but what in the heck is going on???

These guys are getting very brazen, and that's NOT a good thing.
No, it is not a good thing.