Thread: Concealed Firearm Permits in Utah

Post imported post

Was wondering if any one out there knew of Utah Non resident Concealed Carry Permit training class around here (Western side of the state)? Any coming up?

Pittsburgh (Beechview), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

As I said on the other forum, I'm also very interested in this!

Post imported post

Never heard of one . . . why would they offer it here?

You'd think you'd have to go to Utah for this.

Post imported post

Farmer Troy wrote:
    Never heard of one . . . why would they offer it here?

You'd think you'd have to go to Utah for this.
    All the purple-colored states in this map accept the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit:

Any more questions? To be complete, a few of these purple states do not accept a non-resident permit, so a Pennsylvania resident holding a Utah permit would not be valid. (Colorado, Florida, Kansas, Michigan, New Hampshire, South Carolina and West Virginia). See http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

TFred

Post imported post

Well, the non-resident Utah Carry permit combined with the PA permit gives you the ability to carry in almost every state.

I got mine, it was a 4 hour class conducted by John Vith. I know he is on this forum and PAFOA .

He does classes all over the state, if I can find it I'll send you a link to his site.

Post imported post

agentw0 wrote:
    Well, the non-resident Utah Carry permit combined with the PA permit gives you the ability to carry in almost every state.
    Even New York?

Post imported post

No New york and alot of other states, check the website indicated above it was a gross overstatement, you get as many states as a florida or arizona. though few folks don't mind the 4 hour class and fee to take it Utah course the Utah permit is slightly cheaper at renewal time which is every 5 years, so is arizona though you have to take there course in arizona ( recently this has been proposed for utah) while florida is mail in with your hunting license and the permit is good for 7 years.

up to the individual which is right for him

sprat

Post imported post

AGENT, were you at the ACSHA class near Gettysburg?

Post imported post

sprat wrote:
    No New york and alot of other states, check the website indicated above it was a gross overstatement, you get as many states as a florida or arizona. though few folks don't mind the 4 hour class and fee to take it Utah course the Utah permit is slightly cheaper at renewal time which is every 5 years, so is arizona though you have to take there course in arizona ( recently this has been proposed for utah) while florida is mail in with your hunting license and the permit is good for 7 years.

sprat
    Florida permits are $115 or $117 (I can't remember off the top of my head) and the same price every time you renew.

The Utah permit is $65.25 initially (plus the cost of the training course, usually another $65) and then $10 every 5 years to renew.

The Utah permit also gives you two extra states, but I can't recall off the top of my head which two they are.

In short, the Utah permit, in the long run, is the better deal.

Post imported post

lildobe wrote:
    sprat wrote:

sprat
    Florida permits are $115 or $117 (I can't remember off the top of my head) and the same price every time you renew.

The Utah permit is $65.25 initially (plus the cost of the training course, usually another $65) and then $10 every 5 years to renew.

The Utah permit also gives you two extra states, but I can't recall off the top of my head which two they are.

In short, the Utah permit, in the long run, is the better deal.
    Unless you travel to Florida. Florida does not recognize a UT permit unless you are a resident of Utah.

-adamsesq

Post imported post

Unless you travel to Florida. Florida does not recognize a UT permit unless you are a resident of Utah.
    Seeing as this is in the PA forum, and the person asking was a PA resident, I'd assume they have a PA Resident LTCF, which is what the "34 State" number is based on - a combination of the PA Resident LTCF and a Utah Non-Resident Permit.

And besides Reciprocity, it's nice to have a CFP/CCW/LTC from another state that cannot be revoked at the whim of a politically motivated Sheriff... though if that's the ONLY thing you want, you can go get yourself a New Hamptire Non-Resident CPL. THey are only $20.

Post imported post

no, I took mine in Morgantown WV.

Post imported post

Here are the states covered under the 2 non-resident permits that I currently carry.

States that Utah Covers:

Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming.

States the New Hampshire Non Resident Permit Covers( This is an easy on to get $25 bucks and 3 references, takes about two weeks after mailing the form in)

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Wyoming.

I have all three permits plus my Federal ID, Which Covers Me Under LEOSA, So I am covered in all states.

All my permit info about states covered came from http://legallyarmed.com

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

We offer the Utah non-resident permit class. We are based in Richmond, Va. and often have students from the Pennsylvania/Maryland/West Virginia areas attend our classes. We also travel to conduct classes outside of the Metro Richmond area.

Feel free to check out our website, www.ProactiveShooters.com
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

Post imported post

A utah class is being held at ACSHA onMarch 21st, 1pm-5pm.

http://forum.pafoa.org/training-cour...ms-county.html