• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does anyone open carry while riding a bicycle?

modificationvt

imported post

even if I am CCing when I get on my bike I tuck my shirt in behind the butt of my 1911, and I get a whole lane to myself. If I know I am going out for a long bike ride I use an open carry holster.

orthzar

imported post

If Texas passes legislature allowing open carry, I will definitely try riding my bike while carrying. Until then, I have to stick to riding defenseless.

Thanks for the idea.

cheers

slugsgomoo

imported post

In washington, my understanding is that any vehicle requires a CPL to carry loaded, and as bicycles are technically considered vehicles, I think you'd be able to, as long as you had the CPL.

I carry in my tank bag on the bike because I'm all the gear all the time, and frankly a potential fall onto a sidearm is not my idea of a good time. I'm guessing that it would cause significant damage to both of us.

Not to mention that if you're not a squid or a fair weather cruiser rider, good gear doesn't lend itself to holsters & whatnot.

;)

chrsjhnsn

imported post

the old SF messenger style would lend itself
to OC, they would have "full metal baskets"
in front, you could carry all sorts of stuff, I used to
OC a bowie knife. You could easily attach a belt &
Holster to it, OC that stays in the basket so it
doesn't hurt you or gun if you fall.

Jeffytune

imported post

Back at the turn of the last century (1900-1910) there was a whole line of pocket pistols known a "Bicycle pistols". They were small caliber pistols made to fend off snakes and dogs.

Does riding my Harley count?

GLOCKMAN40

imported post

:celebrateHere in the great state of Indiana we can carry any way we wantwith our "LTCH" , and i have open carry while on my mountain bike, in the world we live in today i don't see not doing it where ever i go open carry or concealed. :celebrate

TileLayer23

imported post

Im new to ocin but Ive oc on a mountain bike, and actually hit a trail with my Ruger SR9 on my side! Didnt have any problems at all!

david.ross

imported post

Ian wrote:
insane.kangaroo wrote:
I've open carried while on a bicycle and while roller blading, what I can say is even a lightweight gun will throw off your balance.

Even though its possible to open carry on either vehicle, it would probably be better to place the gun under a well padded area in case you fall.
Two extra mags on the weak side should help even that out. :cool:
Magazines are to be placed on the front of the duty belt not the side...