• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New member! Wondering about the Ruger SR9

skoal05

imported post

This is my first post here even though I have been watching this site for a while.......

Visited my local gun shop yesterday browsing for a new handgun. The guy showed me the Ruger SR9. I kinda liked it being thinner and a little lighter then my Ruger P89. Has anyone had any experience with this gun?

compmanio365

imported post

Make sure it's a post recall gun, Ruger put out a big recall as there was serious mechanical defects causing the gun to be unsafe. Apparently Ruger even made some good changes beyond that on all the guns sent in for repair.

skoal05

imported post

Thanks for your reply and information! I seen that recall on the Ruger Website. I asked him (the guy at the gun shop) about it and he said all his Sr9's were post recall.

Dustin

imported post

Here's an SR9 owner explaining what happen to him;

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=331434
Some time ago, I posted a thread that I had a SR9 for trade for a wheel gun. I am just not comfortable with a semi automatic pistol.

Since then, I took the SR9 to the Range for a second time, and had two accidental discharges, and when the event was reveiwed with the Range Officer, it discharged accidentally on him as well.

I WANT TO WITH DRAW ANY OFFER TO TRADE/SELL THIS PISTOL AT THIS TIME.

For the information and consideration of other SR 9 owners, I offer the following information:

I inserted a full clip of ball 9mm into the SR9, and when I released the slide to charge the chamber, IT DISCHARGED down range. A new round cycled into the chamber.

After some discussion, it was decided that I must have had my finger on the trigger.

A 2nd clip was inserted, and with absolute attention to not having my finger anywhere near the trigger, the slide was drawn, released, and IT DISCHARGED down range a second time. The remaining 16 rounds were cycled through without incident.

The Range Officer repeated the cycle, and it DISCHARGED on him when the slide was released to charge the chamber.

I have called Ruger, they are sending the documentation to return the pistol to them.