• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC Pistol Permit question

fortunateson

imported post

What do FFL dealers who sell you a pistol do with the permit they collect?
I'm kind of a privacy freak, and if these things get back to the sheriff or some other authority, do they report serial numbers?

Thanks

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

fortunateson wrote:
What do FFL dealers who sell you a pistol do with the permit they collect?
I'm kind of a privacy freak, and if these things get back to the sheriff or some other authority, do they report serial numbers?

Thanks

If I'm not mistaken, the FFL dealer is required to keep the purchase permit in his records.

There is no "gun registry" in NC, so your serial number should never go back to the Sheriff.