• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

gun Permit

opinyone

imported post

I purchased a gun for home protection. Should I get a permit? Can I carry a gun to a gun range? Will having a permit now protect me from future changes in the Georgia gun laws?

rmodel65

imported post

you want to get the permit, so you can legally drive through school zones etc. Also it will exempt you from the background checks for new gun purchases. or if you go on vacation to a state park you can legally take it there etc maybe you wanna ride public transportation like marta if you dont have the gun license then its a felony.

There are 100's of pluses no minuses ;)

might want to venture over to www.georgiapacking.org and join www.georgiacarry.org since your a gun owner ;)