Thread: new speaker of the house

Post imported post

I don't think the election went the way republicans wanted it to I wander how that will effect the bill to allow carry in restaurants and parks ?

Post imported post

While I do not know who is the "new speaker of the house" to which you refer, there are two bills applicable to the repeal of the national park gunban.

H.R.34

and

S.8

S.8 especially makes me ill. "Returning government to the American People" my @$$. More like a "renege" to me. Congress passed bills, and now there is prospective legislation to renege on those bills simply because Reid and others wish to review what they did last session.

But if you are speaking of State legislation in TN, please ignore me.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

Ithink he is talking about the new Speaker of the House elected in the TN legislature yesterday and bills that will be introduced in the TN legislature. Not anything on the national level.

Now to answer...one thing Speaker Williams said, is that he would allow some of the bills that have been killed in committee to come to the floor for a vote. He specifically mention bills dealing with firearms/carry. So if this is true, it could be good....or at least better than past sessions.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

The problem to me is Speaker Williams word isnt worth its weight in ****. He is a puppet of Naifeh and a Republican in name only. I guess time will tell, but as far as I can tell Speaker Williams saying he will let gun issues come up for a vote is akin to Pres. Elect Osama saying he wont take our guns away...

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

From what I heard on the news, Williams was Naifeh's nominee.

I'm really starting to believe we'd be better off without a government, since the one we have seems to be so damned crooked.