• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new speaker of the house

FLMason

imported post

I don't think the election went the way republicans wanted it to I wander how that will effect the bill to allow carry in restaurants and parks ?

wrightme

imported post

While I do not know who is the "new speaker of the house" to which you refer, there are two bills applicable to the repeal of the national park gunban.

H.R.34

and

S.8

S.8 especially makes me ill. "Returning government to the American People" my @$$. More like a "renege" to me. Congress passed bills, and now there is prospective legislation to renege on those bills simply because Reid and others wish to review what they did last session.

But if you are speaking of State legislation in TN, please ignore me. :uhoh:

Fallguy

imported post

Ithink he is talking about the new Speaker of the House elected in the TN legislature yesterday and bills that will be introduced in the TN legislature. Not anything on the national level.

Now to answer...one thing Speaker Williams said, is that he would allow some of the bills that have been killed in committee to come to the floor for a vote. He specifically mention bills dealing with firearms/carry. So if this is true, it could be good....or at least better than past sessions.

crotalus01

imported post

The problem to me is Speaker Williams word isnt worth its weight in shit. He is a puppet of Naifeh and a Republican in name only. I guess time will tell, but as far as I can tell Speaker Williams saying he will let gun issues come up for a vote is akin to Pres. Elect Osama saying he wont take our guns away...:cuss:

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

From what I heard on the news, Williams was Naifeh's nominee.

I'm really starting to believe we'd be better off without a government, since the one we have seems to be so damned crooked.

:cuss: