• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama asks for feedback, let's show some solidarity and our ideas

Tawnos

imported post

Not normally one to ask for something like this, but I didn't think many of you would be spending time checking out the site. I submitted the following to the "citizen's briefing" from a link at change.gov.

http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=087800000004quh

Any chance I could ask for some help voting this up? :) Show that there are those of us (many of us, hopefully) that would like the issue stayed. The only chance we have is working together, and if this is one way by which we can do it, I hope you'll join me.

Thanks.

Daddyo

imported post

I signed up and voted you up. Under "topics of interest to you" (or whatever it says) I searched "guns".

I'm quite pleased by the number of pro-2A suggestions as well as the number of votes they have received.

There are also a couple of anti- suggestions which have been hammered down soundly.

Maybe there's hope after all.

Armed

imported post

Hey - I read through some of the other proposals and voted some down. I noticed that when I did... their point value actually went UP! WTF?!

Tawnos

imported post

Each person's vote is, apparently, worth 10 points. If two voted up while you voted down, the point value would go up. Same if two voted down while you voted up.

forever_frost

imported post

The Second Amendment is the only Amendment that carries the notation "Shall not be infringed." The other Amendments are given more leeway than this very important right, a God given right that predated the forming of our government. The 1st 10 rights aren't given by the government, to be taken away when convienent, but is pointing out rights that are inherient to being a person.

While some scream for registration of a firearm and compare it to liscensing of a motor vehicle, I point out that one is a privledge, able to be regulated, removed and limited, while the other is a RIGHT which is open to none of those. Again, our framers said "Shall not be infringed." It doesn't take a degree in Constitutional Law to understand something written so very simply.

conservative85

imported post

BO's statement: My idea is radical in that it's simple and requires little to no government intervention. In fact, all it requires is to stop listening to special interest groups like the Brady Campaign, and a desire to respect the rights of your fellow Americans, regardless of if you agree with those rights.

If he stops listening to Brady bunch he will also stop listening(if he does at all)to the NRA.

His idea of other peoples rights regardless if you agree or disagree is their opinions.
He feels if enough people believe guns should be outlawed then that is the right of the people (or will)

Sorry I can't give this site/man any attention. The 2nd is simple.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I went on there and typed in 2nd amendment it brought up 4 issues, none of which were related. Same thing when I typed in guns.

I guess he's trying to hide his real agenda. The 2nd amendment didn't even come up under civil rights.:cuss:

Tawnos

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
BO's statement: My idea is radical in that it's simple and requires little to no government intervention. In fact, all it requires is to stop listening to special interest groups like the Brady Campaign, and a desire to respect the rights of your fellow Americans, regardless of if you agree with those rights.

If he stops listening to Brady bunch he will also stop listening(if he does at all)to the NRA.

His idea of other peoples rights regardless if you agree or disagree is their opinions.
He feels if enough people believe guns should be outlawed then that is the right of the people (or will)

That was my idea and statement, not his. Please try and keep up.

Taking your toys home and not "playing" because you disagree or dislike someone will not get you what you want. It takes work, effort, and the ability to exhibit political maturity. That maturity means giving him our attention, because, regardless of if you like it, Barack Obama is the POTUS in 5 days time.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Obama doesn't care.

The number one question was "What are you going to do about the War on Drugs" and the only answer he could give was "Nothing" before deleting the question.

Tawnos

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Obama doesn't care.

The number one question was "What are you going to do about the War on Drugs" and the only answer he could give was "Nothing" before deleting the question.
The point isn't whether he cares or not. Seriously. It's whether we can make it too politically expensive to run with the issue.

possumboy

imported post

DopaVash wrote:
I simply cannot bring myself to join that site. I'm sorry.

I thought about this also.

He is the President now, like it or not. The website is going to be a major avenue or communication with the new POTUS.

It is kinda like my sick child, I have to work from all available angles and I cannot just ignore it and hope it goes away.

If I do ignore it, then it is only going to get worst.

I signed up, but only after serious thought.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tawnos wrote:
marshaul wrote:
Obama doesn't care.

The point isn't whether he cares or not. Seriously. It's whether we can make it too politically expensive to run with the issue.
Sure, but posting on his webpage doesn't affect BO's store of political capital one way or the other.

conservative85

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
conservative85 wrote:

That was my idea and statement, not his. Please try and keep up.

Taking your toys home and not "playing" because you disagree or dislike someone will not get you what you want. It takes work, effort, and the ability to exhibit political maturity. That maturity means giving him our attention, because, regardless of if you like it, Barack Obama is the POTUS in 5 days time.
I Don't care who said it! It is hogwash. It is spin. What I said still true! we are talking about rights, not an agenda he wants. I particularly don't care about politics, or who he is or not. I never said I would not work, or put forth effort, you are assuming and there for no matter what I say if I don't jump on board, or go along with you. You all will just ostracize people who think for them selves.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

carracer wrote:
It was against my better judgement but i signed up, voted and commented on many of them.

As disgusted as I am with the afronazi and his incoming fascist regime, I have to agree.

So I set up an email address just for that site.

He's just like the clinton, and will govern by polls.

The louder we are, the more we'll be able to shout down the kook fringe moonbats.

We don't have a better choice right now.