• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

H.R. 45 Introduced by Rep. Bobby Rush (D-Illinois)

curtm1911

imported post

Heard this at work on the radio taday, this is foisting Illinios-Type "Reasonable" Gun Control on the Nation. I did not hear ALL, what I heard is

VERY DISTURBING

TO ALL: Check it out and tell your CongressCritters NO in no uncertain terms, they are throwing down the gauntlet

What I did hear is you will submit to these Regulations, and there is a boatload, Thumbprint, Photo, Passport Type, Mental Records ?!?!?!?!?! WTF..........and a fee for each currently possessed firearm and registration of serial #'s into the AG of the U.S.'s "Central Data Base", and you must also jump through these hoops EACH TIME you want to buy a firearm in the future and, of course, No Private Sales anymore.

It is named for some "Victim" in Chicago. Can't recall it now, but LOOK IT UP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xd45_in_TX

Founder's Club Member
imported post

H.R. 45 Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45

Summary from the above web site:

1/6/2009--Introduced.
Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act and such license has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license application, issuance, and renewal requirements.
Prohibits transferring or receiving a qualifying firearm unless the recipient presents a valid firearms license, the license is verified, and the dealer records a tracking authorization number. Prescribes firearms transfer reporting and record keeping requirements. Directs the Attorney General to establish and maintain a federal record of sale system.
Prohibits: (1) transferring a firearm to any person other than a licensee, unless the transfer is processed through a licensed dealer in accordance with national instant criminal background check system requirements, with exceptions; (2) a licensed manufacturer or dealer from failing to comply with reporting and record keeping requirements of this Act; (3) failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours; (4) failing to report to the Attorney General an address change within 60 days; or (5) keeping a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and ammunition for the firearm, knowingly or recklessly disregarding the risk that a child is capable of gaining access, if a child uses the firearm and causes death or serious bodily injury.
Prescribes criminal penalties for violations of firearms provisions covered by this Act.
Directs the Attorney General to: (1) establish and maintain a firearm injury information clearinghouse; (2) conduct continuing studies and investigations of firearm-related deaths and injuries; and (3) collect and maintain current production and sales figures of each licensed manufacturer.
Authorizes the Attorney General to certify state firearm licensing or record of sale systems.