Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why DONT You all have a CC Permit ?????

Post imported post

The only reason I can see for not having a CCP is the anti gun Sheriff in your particular state or county , such as San Diego county California were I moved from 5 years ago.

Is there another reason why you do not have one ?

Post imported post

My number one reason is because I don't need one. I can open carry in more places than I can conceal carry. I like it when people ask if I have a permit for that and I say no. It's a good educational experience.

I'll get one eventually but I'm extremely lazy.

Post imported post

SteveInAshand wrote:
    The only reason I can see for not having a CCP is the anti gun Sheriff in your particular state or county , such as San Diego county California were I moved from 5 years ago.

Some of us believethat to pay the government in order to be able to exercise what should be looked at as a natural right is kind of foolish. Why should I have to pay hundreds of dollars to get a permission slip to do what a free man ought to be able to do anyway.

I open carry in California (within the limitations of the law) because I can do so without having to beg the State forpermission. Even though I live in Kern County, where it is reasonably easy to obtain a License to Carry Concealed.

There arecurrently only twoStates that recognize the freedom that is our right, Vermont and Alaska. There you can carry openly or concealed, without a permission slip from Nanny.

Activist Member

Post imported post

I'm ineligble foraconcealment permit until my 21st Birthday in my state.

Post imported post

I can not afford one. I am poor and the process will easy cost me a weeks pay.

Post imported post

Some find it easier to ask the government for forgiveness then to beg it for permission.

Post imported post

I do have one, and I usually carry concealed. I hang out on this site because 1) I support the right to bear however you choose, open or concealed, just as the 2A specifies, and 2) I seem to find more people on this forum that support ALL of the Bill of Rights than on most other gun forums; so, even though I don't often carry openly, there is still plenty in common with lots of folks here.

I have a permit because Arizona requires one to carry concealed, and I don't want to be charged with a crime if I have to defend myself. I don't LIKE that I have to have a permit, and I feel it is unconstitutional, and hope for and work toward removing that requirement, but since it is there now, I got a permit.

One thing I do like about it is that when I buy a gun, there is no NICS check. So, while there is a record of the purchase (4473), the government won't know about it unless they do a search of records of that particular store. Of course, I also believe that the 4473 and the background check are unconstitutional as well, but you can't buy a gun from a FFL (another thing that is unconstitutional) without them.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

In Wisconsin there are no recognized carry permits. You CANNOT carry concealed in Wisconsin by law. And havinga permitwont help you out if you get seen by police carrying a firearm, openly or concealed. I think now you see at least two reasons for why everybody doesnt have a CCP.

Banned

Post imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
    I do have one, and I usually carry concealed. I hang out on this site because 1) I support the right to bear however you choose, open or concealed, just as the 2A specifies, and 2) I seem to find more people on this forum that support ALL of the Bill of Rights than on most other gun forums

ditto

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    Slayer of Paper wrote:
    I do have one, and I usually carry concealed. I hang out on this site because 1) I support the right to bear however you choose, open or concealed, just as the 2A specifies, and 2) I seem to find more people on this forum that support ALL of the Bill of Rights than on most other gun forums
    ditto
    Ditto ditto

Post imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
    I do have one, and I usually carry concealed. I hang out on this site because 1) I support the right to bear however you choose, open or concealed, just as the 2A specifies, and 2) I seem to find more people on this forum that support ALL of the Bill of Rights than on most other gun forums; so, even though I don't often carry openly, there is still plenty in common with lots of folks here.

I have a permit because Arizona requires one to carry concealed, and I don't want to be charged with a crime if I have to defend myself. I don't LIKE that I have to have a permit, and I feel it is unconstitutional, and hope for and work toward removing that requirement, but since it is there now, I got a permit.

One thing I do like about it is that when I buy a gun, there is no NICS check. So, while there is a record of the purchase (4473), the government won't know about it unless they do a search of records of that particular store. Of course, I also believe that the 4473 and the background check are unconstitutional as well, but you can't buy a gun from a FFL (another thing that is unconstitutional) without them.
    My thoughts are about the same as yours, Slayer. I mostly carry concealed too (by necessity rather than by choice ) I appreciate the thoughts and ideas of most of the members here at OCDO, and I only have a permit because in Oregon it's a) Required to carry concealed (with few exceptions), b) having a CHL is an exemption to some Oregon cities not allowing carry of loaded firearms, and c) CHL is required to carry into a school or other public building, and I still have kids in middle & elementary school.

However, in Oregon the CHL does not work as a substitute for background checks. We still have to succumb to the NICS check with each purchse from a dealer.

...Orygunner...

Post imported post

age, money, and dont really need it being in the awesome state that im in

Post imported post

Well, I have a concealed permit for convenience and it allows me to open carry in Utah with one in the chamber. I have to admit that I was not happy about being on a list of concealed carry permit holders. If we get to a point in this country where guns are illegal, my house will be one of the first to be searched.
    Fear causes hesitation; hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
    - The Bodasafa

www.mp-pistol.com

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

Brimstone wrote:
    ...SNIP
    If we get to a point in this country where guns are illegal, my house will be one of the first to be searched.
    It is a very big line. I suspect you may be near the middle.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

If they offered you thea permit for your "Freedom of Speech/ Freedom of Religion" would you buy a permit to express those RIGHTS ?

So why give in for a Firearm permit ?

CC/CHL etc.etc. is where it starts, and it will eventually lead to ALL Carrying will have to be licensed. This is how the Government works, little by little, tit for tat until you've been suckered in. been happening to America for about 200 years now.

Why ? B/c their excuse will be "Well we can keep tabs on CCW carriers Name, Add. Numbers, License Numbers, DoB, So we should be able to do the same to OC'ers"

Now who's supporting theAnti's ?

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    Brimstone wrote:
    ...SNIP
    If we get to a point in this country where guns are illegal, my house will be one of the first to be searched.
    It is a very big line. I suspect you may be near the middle.
    That's also assuming there will be anybody left alive that's willing to search and confiscate civillian firearms by the time they get to you...

...Orygunner...

Post imported post

I started a poll thread about how many people have CC permit/license about a year ago and IIRC, the results were that something over 90% of us do and that those who don't mostly fall into the categories not being able to obtain due to age or may issue/no issue state residency. I can't find the thread at the moment.

Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Post imported post

I guess my excuse/reason is one week it's disposable income, the next week it's time, the next week it's something else, I can save for about most anything, but never have started a cigar box for mine and mommys CCW class.

That said, Is it too late to initiate another new years resolution?

Post imported post

Very valid points, but You obviously know that someone must be the canary that dies in the mine by walking around loaded & locked in say Kern, or so Calif. and be the one who get arrested and makes the news etc.....

I am sympathetic to the guy who is working class poor only owns one hand gun and / or who lives in a dangerous gang area or meth area , this guy cannot afford to be the lead man / the arrested martyr for the cause.

So its up to the wealthy or semi retired well to do guy who can afford a law firm and afford to loose the gun and vehicle to g around and flaunt his right to OC for real in California or some state like CA.

My self I got a "permit" to CC and now OC because I am working poor as discribed above who canonot affrod to loose my possesions, the only dfference is I am no longer surrounded by criminal scum but now surrounded by pyschotic liberals.

Just today as I was painting parking lot stripes a smiling hypno zombi metrosexual male walked up to me as I was on my knees paint rolling and said sarcasticly like a man bitch in a dutch *** lisp: " Is that sidearm a neccisary tool for what your doing"? I didnt even look up, I ignored him and kept working.

Post imported post

LOL!! You shoulda replied,(GO Ahead Punk Make My Day)

Post imported post

SteveInAshand wrote:
    Very valid points, but You obviously know that someone must be the canary that dies in the mine by walking around loaded & locked in say Kern, or so Calif. and be the one who get arrested and makes the news etc.....

I am sympathetic to the guy who is working class poor only owns one hand gun and / or who lives in a dangerous gang area or meth area , this guy cannot afford to be the lead man / the arrested martyr for the cause.

So its up to the wealthy or semi retired well to do guy who can afford a law firm and afford to loose the gun and vehicle to g around and flaunt his right to OC for real in California or some state like CA.

My self I got a "permit" to CC and now OC because I am working poor as discribed above who canonot affrod to loose my possesions, the only dfference is I am no longer surrounded by criminal scum but now surrounded by pyschotic liberals.

Just today as I was painting parking lot stripes a smiling hypno zombi metrosexual male walked up to me as I was on my knees paint rolling and said sarcasticly like a man bitch in a dutch *** lisp: " Is that sidearm a neccisary tool for what your doing"? I didnt even look up, I ignored him and kept working.

I walk around "locked and loaded" here in Kern County, Southern California. I can do that because it is only illegal to carry a loaded firearm while in "incorporated cities" or while in "prohibited areas of unincorporated territory". I don't live in an incorporated city, and there are no prohibited areas near me.

The only thing I have to look out for in my section of Kern County is the school zones, and Govt Buildings/Post Office.

Post imported post

SteveInAshand wrote:
    Cuz they're stupid.

Post imported post

Anyone who knows me personally knows I am not one to hold his tongue, my OC lady friend "BabyGlock" here knows me personally she can vouch for that. I am rather overly outspoken, even here I go back and edit my posts because I can easily marginalize myself by very verbose no compromise opinions, but this time all I can say is in the form of a question; have you ever met someone who is so much of a nothing , a non entity that it seems like a complete waist of time to even acknowledge them as even existing ? that is how I felt about this nothing metro sexual.

Post imported post

OC shaves time off my draw. Why should I pay for a license to slow down?

Just one argument.

J

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast